Project dates: 1st – 6th of March 2020
Project place: Granada, Spain
Deadline for applying: 29th January 2020 at 12 pm (midday) CET
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This Study visit is designed for municipality officers and youth workers from Sweden, Portugal, Greece, Finland, North Macedonia, Spain, UK, Latvia, Poland, Turkey and Italy.
The project focuses on the local dimension of youth participation based on the belief that youth with its energy has the creativity and potential for change and to be a source of solutions for our society’s challenges, and that these challenges need to be addressed at the local level, starting from the grassroots, where youth work has its strongest impact and where local actors can cooperate and contribute to policy reforms at the local level but also influence national and European policy processes becoming relevant actors in setting the agendas that will affect their lives. As follow-up to the work done by DYPALL Network and its partners in “Boosting youth participation at the local level 1” Study visits in Portimão (Portugal) and Borlänge (Sweden) in 2017 and 2018, we have recognised the importance of further exploring the dimension of youth participation in decision-making processes at the local level, with a specific focus on participation of young migrants and young people with migrant background, as well as of youth from rural and geographically isolated areas, and especially to share practices that are already being implemented to adapt them to one’s own reality and reinforce existing programs.
“Boosting youth participation at local level 2” will include two Study visit,to Granada (Spain) and Stockholm (Sweden). This Call for participants is only for participating in the Study visit in Spain. There will be a separate Call published for the Study visit in Sweden.
The specific objectives of this Study visit are to:
- explore, experience and understand the specific challenges to youth participation in decision-making processes in low-density and geographically remote areas;
- visit examples of good practice and based upon interaction with the project organisations and filter out elements to transfer to own reality;
- offer possibilities for long-term partnership building among organisations active in the field of youth participation at local level, for future projects;
- create a collection of best practices of youth participation in geographically isolated/low density areas.
This study visit is targeting youth workers and youth municipality officers. Moreover, the participants must be:
- able to work in English;
- willing to contribute with their experience to the Study visit;
- residents of Sweden, Portugal, Greece, Finland, North Macedonia, Spain, UK, Latvia, Poland, Turkey or Italy;
- able to attend the whole duration of the Study visit;
- have relevant experience in the topic of youth participation in decision-making processes at the local level;
- highly motivated towards learning about local youth policies and models of youth participation in decision-making at the local level.
Two participants will be selected per country, namely:
1. Municipality officer working in the youth departments of the municipality.
2. Local youth worker working with and for youth and young people, particularly young people from rural/geographically isolated areas.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 360 EUR according to Erasmus+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices and calculating all costs.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD