Summary of the Project
BUSE is an international Youth exchange which will have the duration of 7 days and will take place in Leskovac, Serbia, gathering 30 participants from 8 different countries to discuss and explore the meaning of European Citizenship. The main theme of this project is: What is the meaning of EU Citizenship and which rights are associated to it?
European Union citizenship confers several rights in addition to those granted by national citizenship. These rights are gathered in the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights as well as in many Treaties, but for many reasons, EU citizens do not get the chance to exercise their full rights. According to a survey endorsed by European Commission in 2012, 54% of the EU citizens are not fully aware of their rights.
The main objectives are:
- To create a healthy environment where the participants can share their ideas, experiences and opinions concerning European and EU citizenship;
- To develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes of the participants concerning EU citizenship and the rights associated to it;
- To enable the participants to get to know the future programme 2014-2020 “ERASMUS +”, and how it will support the strengthening of an European identity;
- Considering that the level of support of youth in non-EU countries to EU integrations varies, to provide better understanding of benefits of being an EU citizen,
- To empower the participants to act as multipliers in order to organize local and international activities within projects using non-formal education concerning the themes approached.
The methodologies followed in this YE will be based on non-formal education methodology. All the activities developed will promote the cultural exchange of information and creation of bonds among the participants.
Accommodation and Finances
The Resource Centre Leskovac will cover all costs related to accommodation, and 70% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. An enrollment fee (15€ for non-EU countries and 30€ for EU countries) is payable by each participant in order to support the overall budget of the event, which will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel costs. 100% of the visa costs will be reimbursed. The participants are obliged to have receipts of the tickets, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All participants will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
The group leader should fulfill the following criteria:
- Age above 18
- Willing to get involved on your local level in non-formal education activities with the topic of EU, European values and European citizenship
- Able to work in English
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Has experience with leading a group
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
Dates of APV : May 3th-4th. 2014
Dates of the Project : June 7th-15th. 2014