Dates of the project: 26.04 – 04.05.2014
Place of the project: Novi Sad, Serbia
Deadline for submitting the applications: 18.02.2014
- Age above 18
- Willing to take action in the field of social inclusion and cultural diversity, whether through new initiatives or enhanced activities
- Able to work in English
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
Information about the project:
The 7 days long training course “Increasing Inclusion and Diveristy in communities” is gathering 26 participants from 11 countries (Serbia, FYR Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Croatia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Germany, Italy and Slovenia) in Novi Sad from 26th April – 4th May 2014. The training is developed for youth workers who will further take action in field of social inclusion and cultural diversity, whether through new initiatives or enhanced activities, and will increase opportunity for ALL to access and participate in youth work and youth projects.
Themes of the project are: European awareness, anti-discrimination, cultural diversity, inclusion, identity development, dealing with conflicts, strategic approach to building inclusion through youth work, European cooperation for inclusion and diversity.
Objectives of the project :
- Share realities regarding inclusion & diversity in our communities
- Understand different aspects of youth work and inclusion/diversity
- Explore concepts of identity & its development as starting point to understanding inclusion/diversity around us
- Increase empathy with different aspects of discrimination/exclusion & discuss how to deal with challenging situations
- Explore existing policies on Fundamental Rights in Europe & understand their connection and implications to youth work for inclusion/diversity
- Share youth work tools/methods for achieving greater inclusion
- Develop strategies for local/European activities of youth work for promotion of inclusion/diversity
- Present useful EU and CoE resources and programmes to encourage European cooperation among partners for inclusion
The training course is based on the approach and principles of non-formal education and our experience and expertise in inclusion and intercultural learning.
The language of the training course will be English.
Cost cover by the participants :
70% of travel costs will be reimbursed only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets. Food and accommodation is 100% covered by the hosting organization.
Sending fee: 300MKD
Dead line for application: 18.02.2014