Dates of the project : 01.05.2014 – 30.04.2015, 12 months
Place of the project : Gdans, Poland
Type of project: Long term EVS
Deadline for submitting the applications : 22.03. 2014
Information about the project:
The activity last for 12 months and is situated within Tricity and surroundings (Tricity=Trójmiasto – Gdynia, Sopot, Gdańsk) area, which is quite famous because of its tourist facilities. The volunteer will be based in the one placement however there is a plan to visit for 1-2 days other placements in order to see the others project and maybe find new ideas.
We would like the volunteer to join the workshop team, show his/her presence, make impact on the place, that the workplace feels that has got an EVS volunteer!
Proposed activities in the workplace:
1. Foreign languages lessons for people once/twice a week,
2. National days of my country: preparation of big poster with basic words in my language, my national dishes, cooking activities, what do you know about my country? presentation about history, traditions + quiz.
3. During summer/winter holidays join the camps with children/youth as a guardian and activities arranger.
4. Using such equipment like: camera, microphone, voice recorder make an interview with local community about:Who is volunteer? Is he/she needed? Other themes to choose.
5. The volunteer is encourage to make a movie or photo exhibition about EVS, about her/his EVS experience in Poland.
– Help with homework of children/youth such as English language, math, geographic etc. Follow the activities which are organized by the youth leader, Propose own activities which can be organized with the youth leader such as cooking, art, sports activities etc. Play games with children,Help in daily duties such as cleaning, washing etc. Participation in any other additional activities proposed by the EVS coordinator, for example visit in the school with a presentation.
Accommodation and food:
Accommodation is provided by the local organization. There are 9 EVS volunteers all together however they live in 3 separate flats. In each flat are tree rooms where 3 volunteers stay so that each volunteer has got their own bedroom and shared kitchen, bathroom with other EVS volunteers. The flats are situated quite close to the means of transport. The volunteers are getting ticket for the transport to get from the flat to the workplace. Apart from pocket money, they are getting also money for food each month.
- Age 18-30
- Able to work in English
- Able to attend the entire duration of the EVS
- interested to work with children and young people
If you are interested, or you have any questions, send your CV and Motivation letter to