Project title: VYP – Volunteering as an engine for Young People
Dates of the project: 01.01.2015 – 31.12.2015 (12 months EVS)
Place of the project: Olhão, Portugal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olh%C3%A3o)
Deadline for applications: 19.10.2014
About the organization:
MOJU seeks to encourage active, critical and constructive participation of youth in Olhão. It’s main mission is mobilizing a range of activities and giving visibility to issues of great social importance and last but not least, has been a special area of building great friendships. In this spirit, and with the growing awareness of the difficulties that youth experiencing these days, MOJU continues to work in the spirit of validity and necessity of their existence. The motto itself of MOJU reflects the importance that each of us, each of the volunteers, plays out within the Association.
In this sense it gets down to the challenge: COME JOIN THIS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE THAT IS MOJU!
During the first weeks there will be some meetings to verify attitudes, interests and abilities of every volunteer and will introduce at the project’s activity, subsequently volunteer will begin the following activities:
– Support the development of activities for youngsters, which will involve the preparation of group dynamics, team building activities, cultural activities, sport activities, and others, always in articulation with the association’s team;
– School support, where the volunteer will have the chance to have direct contact with children and organize several outside activities;
– Promotion of games and activities for youngsters during the school breaks;
– Work at the social living room of MOJU´s head offices, which are open for the children and youngsters from Monday to Sunday, where the volunteer can help in the organisation of the space, in the organisation of activities for the holidays related to special events, in the organisation of sports activities and in the creation of new activities, among others;
– Support in the international relationships, helping the team in the organization of International Trainings for cooperation of people from different nationalities in various subjects, Youth Work Camps, for the promotion of volunteerism in various subjects and International Training and Exchange Programs;
– Office support in the international level, helping the team with administrative tasks, making contacts with international partners and helping to establish new partnerships.
The volunteers will be actively involved in all phases of developing projects for youth in the framework of Erasmus+ programme including planning, implementing, direct work with youth and evaluating the activities such as campaigns and promotion, youth camps, seminars and trainings and youth exchanges. That means being in contact with our international partners, coordination of meetings with young project participants, leading the workshops (optionally) and even assisting in newsletter preparation. The volunteers will be active participants in the Association. Will help in the activities and projects that we develop on the different fields. They can participate in manifold tasks and can also lend a helping hand in the organization itself, where the tasks will depend on their interests and abilities. The volunteers will take part in the organization of the various cultural events and youth activities that we offer and will be partially in charge of them. The volunteers also should work with youngsters, developing activities for and with them.
The volunteer activities will begin on 01st of January of 2015 to end on the 31st of December 2015, being 12 months of volunteer service.
Weekly Schedule: Voluntary service will be carried out on 5 days per week and the schedule will not exceed 30 hours per week. The timetable it’s in the morning at 10h00, stopped at 13h00, and it restarts in the afternoon at 15h00 until 18h00. In exceptional cases, because of participation in special initiatives, a service during evening or festival days can be requested. The weekend is free except those weekends when exhibition or other workshops will be hold. Activities during the weekend are organized very often and each working day during the weekends will be substituted by one weekly day off. The typical weekly Schedule can be modified depending on the volunteer interest, in agreement with the Host Organization.
Language Training: the Portuguese language training will be provided 3 times a week.
Holidays: 2 days off per month are foreseen during the service. These days can be gathered and used all together or in different times, but always agreeing with the Hosting Organization.
Food: The house where the volunteer will live have a kitchen that can be used. A monthly contribution will be given to every volunteer in the amount of 150 Euros.
Accommodation: The volunteer will live in a furnished rented flat shared with other EVS Volunteers, very close from the office (10 minutes walking) and not far from the centre of the town (15 minutes walking).The flat contains all the necessary amenities and is divided in different rooms, kitchen and bathroom.
Allowance: The volunteer will receive during his stay in Olhão, a monthly pocket money. The amount is equal to 100 Euros that will be received at the end of each month. The volunteer will also receive a monthly allowance as food contribution above mentioned. This means 250 Euros in total along with the food allowance.
Local transport: The volunteers will live very close from the office (5-10 minutes walking) and not far from the the centre of the town (15 minutes walking), so no local transports will be requiered. MOJU head office has bikes that can be borrowed to the volunteer.
How to Apply:
Interested volunteers have to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. CV (Europass format)
2. Motivational letter (strictly addressing to the interest in participating in this project and containing an idea of a project that he/she will develop during EVS)
3. Applicant details form provided bellow. (click on the button and it will lead you to the form. Download, fill in the form and then send it along with all the documents)
Deadline for applications: 19 .10.2014