Date of project: 16 – 21.03.2015
Place of project: Olhao, Portugal
Deadline for application: 13.01.2015
MOJU – Associação Movimento Juvenil em Olhão
MOJU is a local/regional youth organization, non-political, non-syndicated, with members from 14 years of age. Our aim is to stimulate active participation of young people in society, to develop activities in intercultural, educational, social, sports, recreational and environmental character, with a view to the self-development of young people in our region. MOJU promotes discussion and dissemination of information and collaboration with public and private entities, about the needs and aspirations of youth. As well, international youth exchanges, trainings, conferences, seminars, and meetings with national and international youth organizations in order to achieve its objectives.Visit our Facebook page for more details about MOJU: www.facebook.com/associacaomoju
“MOJU YOU(th)NIVERSITY” is a space for debate, networking, training and exchange of experiences of youth workers and leaders. 6 days Training Course, 50 young people from 25 different countries, including Programme Countries, South East Europe, Eastern Europe and Caucasus and Mediterrean Partner Countries, will gather in 2 simultaneous training courses in Olhão, Portugal from 16th to 21st March 2015.
- “YesWeFacilitate!” – Training for facilitators on youth events for young people with fewer opportunities (there is an open space for Macedonian participant only for this training course)
- “YesWeOrganize!” – Training on project cycle management of inclusive youth exchanges under the E+ Programme.
The main aim of these training courses is to develop participants’ competences to work and to act within intercultural environment, specifically on themes like facilitation and project cycle management (PCM) through non formal education. It has also as objective to provide quality trainings for the participants in certain areas of the youth work. Thus, to reach better quality of activities for young people with fewer opportunities organized under the new EU Programme 2014-2020 Erasmus+.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING COURSE “YesWeFacilitate”
- Gain basic understanding of the concept of facilitation;
- Share experiences and discuss different facilitation styles;
- Raise awareness about the process of group dynamics;
- Practice the facilitation competences gained during the course;
- Provide resources and tools about facilitation (books, manuals, trainings…)
- Gain knowledge about different aspects of the facilitation process;
- Promote cooperation between the different partners after the course;
- Promote the E+ programme as a tool for working with young people;
The training will be based on non-formal education methods, encouraging active participation of young people involved.
- Ice-breakers, energizers.
- Inputs from experts
- Simulations, role plays
- Intercultural and experiential learning
- Variety of visuals for thematic input
- Brainstorming and discussions both in working groups and in plenary.
It is worth to remind that two training courses will be run in parallel. There will be some joint sessions in order to integrate all group strength to create more opportunities for cooperation.
The working language of the project will be English.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANT
- Youth leaders very motivated to act in their sending organization
- Are over 18 years old
- Have an interest in the topic
- Willing to learn & motivated to share experience with others after the event
- Are able to work in English
- Are committed to attend for the full duration of the exchange
Food and accommodation costs will be covered 100%.
Travel costs will be covered up to 360 EUR.
Participation fee: 30 EUR
Sending fee: 300 MKD
Deadline for application: 13.01.2015