Project place: Nicolosi, Sicily, Italy
Project dates: 06 – 13 May 2015
Deadline for application: URGENT CALL
“#YOUTHMENTARY: EVS for Youth Workers” is a training course for youth workers who work and are willing to continue working with the ERASMUS+ Programme Action reserved to the European Voluntary Service. The basic idea of this project is to provide an opportunity for youth workers, SOHO mentors (and future mentors) from countries other than the EU and the EEA and with diverse backgrounds to meet in Italy and use the opportunity to exchange their experiences, discuss the various positive and negative situations that are created as part of the EVS. This training course aims therefore to give participants the knowledge, skills and attitudes to develop the work in the EVS with partner countries. In addition, the project aims at the creation of personal contacts between participants and potential sending organizations and hosting partner for the European Voluntary Service. The proposed activity will be carried out through a training course that will host in Nicolosi (Sicily), 38 youth workers coming from 18 different countries.
“YOUTHMENTARY: EVS for Youth Workers” wants to be an innovative tool to support and guide the youth workers of the countries involved, in relation to the European Voluntary Service. We want to provide participants with the tools to generate and increase their culture and technical competences in the project management of international volunteering. And it is for this reason that the training course has an added value when its contents will be applied within the local realities, because the participants, ciers of innovative methods and technologies, can better inform, guide and support young people interested in participating in a European Voluntary Service abroad.
The objectives of #YOUTHMENTARY: EVS for Youth Workers are:
- To train 38 youth workers and leaders who work with young people with fewer opportunities (socio-economic, educational, cultural, religious, geographical, disability, sexual orientation and of both genders) in orderd to insert them in the context of international volunteering;
- provide new tools for youth workers and members of partner organizations on working with the EVS;
- Develop the skills of youth workers on the specific working environment of EVS;
- to meet and work with people from across Europe to share and exchange experiences, opinions and values, to learn from each other and build new initiatives for the future;
- Increase the visibility of the Erasmus program + and the quality of EVS projects;
Moreover, among the abilities and skills that participants will acquire during the course of the project we include:
- Skills related to management of the budget ;
- Skills related to the economic aspects of EVS ;
- Skills related to the contractual aspects of the EVS ;
- Skills related to the management of conflict between Hosting Organization And Volunteer ;
- Skills related to the management of conflict between Sending Organization and Hosting Organization ;
- Skills related to the management of conflict between Sending organization , Hosting Organization and Volunteer;
- Skills related to the management of international volunteers , a useful prospective for mentors and future mentors ;
- Skills related to the drafting of European volunteer projects ;
- Skills related to the legal field of EVS ( documents , insurance, VISA , Youthpass , final report , etc.).
- Skills related to the creation and management of Volunteer Activities in the organization hosting ;
- Skills related to the insertion of volunteers in the social life of the place of the hosting organization ;
- Skills related to the reintegration of the volunteer in the originale social context at the end of the period of voluntary work;
- Any other skill related to the implementation and management of a EVS project .
Financial aspects of the project:
Food and accommodation costs will be 100% covered.
Travel expenses will be covered up to 275 EUR.
Profile of participants:
- Youth leaders and youth workers motivated to act in their sending organization
- Are over 18 years old
- Have an interest in the topic
- Willing to learn & motivated to share experience with others after the event
- Are able to work in English
- Are committed to attend for the full duration of the project
PARTICIPATION FEE: 25 EUR that will be deducted from the travel reimbursement
SENDING FEE payable to CID: 500 MKD
Deadline for application: URGENT CALLApply