Dates of activity: 16.02.2015 – 15.02.2016
Place of activity: Jaen, Spain
Deadline for application: 01.02.2015
About the hosting organization:
The Social and Cultural Association called “GENTES” was founded in Jaén in May 2003, as a non-lucrative organization aimed to promote Implicative and participatory Methodologies as well as Social Volunteering and Civic Participation. In addition, it was our goal to promote better procedures for active participation at individual, group and community levels by organizational participation. This is possible through a dynamic and systematized teamwork, which improves the socio-cultural reality of the province of Jaén.
Our social practice work has included the following:
– Taking part in associations, platforms and social development projects.
– Participating in training and teaching processes, from formal to non-formal education, for active civic participation building common spaces.
GENTES usually leads projects with YOUNG PEOPLE of our territory. Those are medium term projects to work in several fields related to young life, such as environmental affairs, independence life, culture and free time, youth leadership, communications and new technologies, overland life, living abroad, the past- the present and the future, removing linguistics barriers, employment, etc. We will perform it with implicative methodologies and applying a common method based in non-formal education, exchange experiences, meetings with expert local actors and laugh-therapy. These projects are developed for small groups who work in teamwork showing the results obtained in public places and sharing them with the community.
See more at: http://www.colectivogentes.es/
The main themes of the activity are European awareness and non formal learning methods, working in a multicultural youth centre (social inclusion) and thus promoting intercultural learning process and services to others (solidarity).
The volunteers will learn how to deal with children aging from 4 to 14 and young people from 14 to 30 years old.
This project aims to provide volunteers with an experience of multicultural and intercultural learning and European citizenship knowledge. The main themes of the activity are European awareness and non formal learning methods, working in a multicultural youth centre (social inclusion) and thus promoting intercultural learning process and services to others (solidarity).
The main aim of the activity is to give a multicultural experience to the volunteer and future volunteers on EVS and to show how this can be developed in an international group process. (There will be also other international volunteers living and working with an EVS volunteer).
The project is open to and takes special account of young volunteers’ skills and talents, so that the time she/he spends with us will be effectively lived as an opportunity to grow up and to gain experience.
The volunteers are expected to work with other staff members, volunteers and youth workers to carry out the program for the children and young people.
The volunteer will work 35 hours per week, from 9:30 am until 13:30 am, then from 4:30 pm until 7:30 pm, and will have 10 days of holidays in December and 20 in August.
Tasks to be performed by the volunteers:
- Collaborating in the design and diffusion of the fortnightly bulletin GENTES about organizations, Youth in Action Program news and volunteering as well as up-dating the information on the different web sites.
- Supporting the organization planning events to diffuse and promote Youth in Action Program (International Volunteering Day, Andalusian Volunteering Congress, workshops to promote YiA in educational centres, University College fairs, etc).
- Supporting recruiting, hosting and basic training processes between GENTES and other volunteers and organizations which are demanding volunteering. Up-dating monitored reports.
- Collaborating in the diffusion of European awareness programmes such as COMPASS and COMPASSITO (educational centres, youth associations,…).
- Creating and training to basic volunteering groups.
- Promoting European programmes among youth technicians in the province.
Financial aspects of the volunteering:
The volunteer will have 100% of their travel expenses covered, and payed accommodation for the entire stay.
The volunteer will receive monthly allowance for food, as well as 110 EUR pocket money a month.
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill in the application form (provided by clicking the button bellow) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The application MUST be sent to both e-mails in order for it to be taken into consideration!
All applicants can include extra Motivation Letter and CV, but it is not mandatory.
Deadline for application: 01.02.2015