Project dates: 15 – 23 April 2015
Project place: Sivas, Turkey
Deadline for application: URGENT CALL!
The participants in the project should be willing to work with people with disabilities, have experienced or who want to experience how it is to work with people with disabilities and should be interested to improve their knowledge and skills about the art of painting through this task. Also, the participants will be eager to perform activities with people with disabilities in their local. The participants are expected to be lack of knowledge and skills about developing projects under Erasmus+ Programme, and expected to be interested and motivated to create projects in this field.
We want to create a platform that provides both-side learning and interaction based on non – formal educational methods, instead of just simply providing information. The youth exchange will take place for 8 days and non-formal education tools such as simulation games,role play,group works,outdoor activities,visual presentations and visual studies will be used.
- To raise the awareness of discrimination against the disabled, to make young people more responsive about this issue.
- To improve the knowledge of young people in painting with people with disabilities.
- To promote Erasmus+ Youth Programme in Sivas and among people with disabilities.
- To promote different cultures by bringing local disabled young people who haven’t been abroad to their international peers.
- To point the essential tools for social development of disabled people by improving competences of young people in this issue and to break the prejudices against mentally or physically disabled young people
As the result of the project, the participants will know more about the topics of discrimination against people with disabilities, social and economic reintegration of disabled people into the society, working with people with disabilities through painting. And they will benefit from these experiences in their further projects in this field. As a result of the project participants will create an influence in the local, national and the international area by their new projects for people with disabilities and the people working with disabled people.
In the long term, through this project, by the activities those will be held by partner organizations and the organisations those the project output is shared, expected potential benefits will be elimination of discrimination against people with disabilities,increase in using painting as working with people with disabilities,increase in the number of the projects with the people with disabilities and increase in knowledge and awareness of young people about people with disabilities.
- Be 18-30 years old
- Be able to work in English
- Have interested in the topic of the project
- Willing to share their experience and accept different opinions and cultures
- Willing to share what they have learned with their sending organization
- Food and accommodation will be covered 100%. The participants will be hosted in a hotel in Sivas city center.
- Travel tickets will be covered up to 170 EUR.
Sending fee: 500 MKD