Project dates: 11 – 19 May
Project place: Barcelona, Spain
Deadline for application: 10 April 2015
“TransformAct! – Movements for Social and Democratic Change” aims to build a space for meeting of young activists, community leaders and project managers interested in channeling conflict through nonviolent strategies. It will strengthen the capacity of young local civil society to promote democracy and Human Rights through nonviolent campaigns. We will reinforce the commitment to an effective and coordinate change for Freedom and Fundamental Rights.
Likewise, there will be a space to meet the most important social movements in Barcelona that work for the promotion of Human Rights. It will be an area of sharing good practices in effective strategies and a space for future cooperation.
Methodology: It will combine non-formal learning methods with visits and meetings with Civil Society Movements. The Activity will also include group discussion, reflection, role-play and simulation and basic input sessions.
Working language: English
– Strengthen the campaign impact from the local civil society for social transformation
– Provide practical tools for channeling conflict through nonviolent strategies
– Know and exchange good practices among nonviolent social movements that promote active citizenship in each participating country
– Promote the values of European citizenship and show its links with the Culture of Peace and Human Rights
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARTICIPANTS:
– participate actively in pre-training meetings, during the training itself and follow-up activities
– participate in a self-assessment of skills and competence
– share their own ideas, expressing their whole creativity
– participate in the local implementation of activities in the home country
– assist in and scale up the visibility of the training by building up new formations like blogs, web pages, facebook.
PARTICIPANTS PROFILE – IMPORTANT!
– This training is open to youth activists, community leaders and workers, educators & trainers, and project managers.
– Basic background knowledge about peace-building, conflict transformation and nonviolence action;
– Involvement in campaigns, movements and projects that seeks social transformation at any level;
– Fluent English speaker;
– Motivation and interest in attending the training course;
– Able to support the follow up activities of the Project within CID or within your organization
FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF THE PROJECT:
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered. The participants will be in a hostel in the city of Barcelona with all the meals covered during these days. There is no fee for the course
- Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR
Sending fee (payable to CID) : 500 MKD
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!