Project place: Targu Jiu, Romania
Project dates: 10 – 18 August 2015
Deadline for application: URGENT CALL!!!
About the project:
The economic crisis has taken a huge toll on jobs on Europe. The unemployment among young people in Europe is about 23%. To reverse this tend Europe created a job machine, bringing together European strategies, national policies, regional and local agents to create more and better jobs across Europe. This project proposal is about bringing a contribution to the unemployment problem. The partner organisations, according to their development strategies, needs to have youth workers well prepared and informed in accordance with the existent sollutions to prevent this phenomenon.
This project “Steps to a career” is about getting new skils and competences for youth workers in order to be able to advise and work guide the unemployed or looking after a job of young people, in accordance with the European dimension of labour work. For that purpose 24 youth workers are going to participate in a training course at the coordinating organisation, in the city of Targu-Jiu. The training course is envisaged to take place from 10– 18August 2015 in Romania. The training course targets youth workers, youth leaders and youth in general who are involved in community-based projects that involve different community stakeholders , youth trainers/workers who are actively working with unemployed/looking for a job young people as a professional or on the voluntary basis.
There are involved 8 partner countries, and 3 youth workers will participate from each country. These are Romania, Greece, Spain, Italy, Republic of Macedonia, Czech Republic, Latvia and Georgia:
- CENTER FOR EDUCATION CONSULTING STRUCTURAL INSTRUMENTS,
- ASOCIACION JUVENIL LAGARTO NEGRO,
- STILL RUNNING,
- SOCIETY BRIDGE TO THE FUTURE,
- MV INTERNATIONAL,
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER,
- ASSOCIATION CENTER FOR INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE,
- EUROPEAN YOUTH CENTRE BRECLAV z.s.
The cooperation between organisations and the youth mobilities is going to bring an added values due to the exchanges of views and the sharing of knowledge.
The training course is structured as follow:
- Setting the frame
- PsD (personal development): self-esteem, self-awareness, creativity, team work, communication (body language, learning a foreign language), skills (provide few solutions Free webinars and online courses to develop their skills)
- PfD (professional development): building qualifications, in-service training activities, re-qualifications, programs, tools to get a job: CV Europass, letter of intention, interview, volunteer work and internships, cold calls, networking (companies rely on employee referrals), the importance of Youth Pass and social platforms online CV building (e.g. LinkedIn)
- European Labor Market – Search – Adapt – Act : European job market, European solutions: EURES – CREDAL – Youth Guarantee, Entrepreneurship as educational aspect…
- Official visit: Study visit to a local job agent – Gorj County Agency for Employment
- Exchange and transfer of knowledge: creative presentations of national employment sollutions, Video presentations from relevant actions (from Youtube/ EACEA’s/ EURES etc.) database as a positive and interactive discussion stimulator, skype call with startup experts/success story from Greece with national pocicies info, movies&documentaries, conversations with local youth
- Sustainable approach&European cooperation: action plan
- Evaluation: testimonials, diaries, dayly feedbacks, paticipants reflections, radio interview, press article creation,
- Dissemination: ppt presentation
- Cultural contact: trip to discover romanian beauties, cultural aspects, traditional meal, intercultural evening, city visit, contacts with local people
The youth workers will improve their competences of training and developing youth activitites in an european spirit for unemployed youth or for those that are looking for a job. They will improve their english communications skills as well and their capacity of cooperation at european level, of exchange of ideas, good practices, knowledge..
An important benefit for long time is the insertion of unemployed youth.
Profile of participants:
- above 18 years old
- interest in the topic
- commitment to participate in all of the workshops and activities
- be able to attend the entire duration off the project
- be able to communicate in English
- youth trainers/workers and/or youth trainers/workers who are actively working with young people as a professional or on the voluntary basis
- be willing to share the gained knowledge with members of CID
Financial aspects of the project:
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered by the organizers.
- Travel costs will be covered up to 180 EUR, for the cheapest means of transportation.
Reimbursement will be made after receiving all original tickets and boarding passes via bank transfer.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!