Project dates: 4 – 9 September 2015
Project place: Litija, Slovenia
Deadline for application: URGENT CALL!
About the project:
The organizations, which participated in the last year’s project exchange Let’s learn from each other have, on wish and the need of the participants and of the participating organizations apply with this follow-up project Let’s learn from each other! Level 2. The project this year is upgraded with a seminar for youth workers, to which even more participating organizations were invited with the means of exchange of knowledge in the field of working with youth with fewer opportunities and competence improvement of all actively involved as well as broader international connection of organizations. The red line of all activities is mutual learning, empowerment and transfer of knowledge. The seminar will consist of participatory and experiential methodology, a great part of the program will be designed by the youth workers, who will introduce the methodologies used with youths with fewer opportunities, which we will together evaluate and try to improve or upgrade. A concrete result will be two e-books, with the collection of the used methods on both the exchange as well as the seminar. Improvement of competences of youth workers and improvement of organizations abilities for youth work. In the long run this project will impact on deepened international cooperation of organizations, exchange of knowledge and in taking over more important leading roles of included youths in organizations or society.
Activities of the project:
You can check the project provisional schedule at the end of this info sheet. I am pasting here the description which was already introduced: The international training course aims to equip youth workers who work with youngsters with less opportunities with certain skills we think are missing and can be improved (based on evaluation on the last exchange), we will invite a professional trainer who works with drama and forum theater, and also focus on non-violent communication- two areas and tools which can help us work better. One day will be peer forum day, where we will invite youth workers to carry out a workshop on selected topic and enable learning from each other. Ideally we will have one workshop offered from each of the countries. After that we will feedback on the sessions and topics based on NVC guidelines learned before.
- So as mentioned the fifth day on the training will be peer forum day. And for this we would like to invite each partner organization to prepare a short (45min) workshop which they will carry out (a useful method, tool they use when working with young people with fewer opportunities).
- Would be very nice and useful to get to know our organizations a bit more, and also countries. So feel free to bring some typical things from your countries and leaflets, brochures etc. from your organization. We will organize some time on the training for the exchange.
Profile of participants:
- above 18 years old
- interest in the topic
- commitment to participate in all of the workshops and activities
- be able to attend the entire duration off the project
- be able to communicate in English
- youth leader or a youth worker, able to facilitate 45 minute session with the group
- be willing to share the gained knowledge with members of CID
Financial aspects of the project:
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered by the organizers.
Participants will be accommodated in tents. Internet will be available on the venue.
- Travel costs will be covered up to 265 EUR.
Reimbursement will be made after receiving all original tickets and boarding passes via bank transfer.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!
SENDING FEE (payable to CID): 500 MKD