Project place: Split, Croatia
Project dates: 10 – 18 November 2015
Deadline for application: 29 September 2015
The idea of the project was driven by the fact that young people in general and the ones with fewer opportunities especially, often lack necessary competences and experiences in order to enter or stay in labour market. At the same time, non-formal education that takes place in the frame of youth work provides very valuable learning experiences for young people. Also, there are different tools developed in the frame of the European youth programme to support the recognition and transfer of these learning experiences into young people’s further studies or labour market, Youthpass being the main instrument in this respect.
Focus of the training course (TC) is to empower youth workers for being able to work on youth empowerment in order to combat youth unemployment and exclusion.
The core activity of the project is 9 days long training course. It will be organised in the youth hostel in Split, from 10th till 18th November 2015. Project will gather 33 participants, trainers and staff from 15 organisations and 13 countries (HR, MK, RS, ME, TR, IT, BA, XK, AL, EE, DE, CY and SI).
- To reflect and exchange opinions about the unemployment and entrepreneurship of youth with fewer opportunities in different European countries (tendencies and influencing factors, specifications of the target group, focuses etc)
- To achieve common understanding of different aspects, concepts and values of youth work and/for inclusion
- To define our target groups of youth with fewer opportunities and to explore the needs and consequences of socially excluded (youth) groups around us, in order to be able to improve situations towards more inclusive society
- To discuss and understand how EU social inclusion and employment policies influence our countries being members of EU or having (potential) candidate status to EU
- To discuss how youth work and non-formal education can positively influence better youth employability and employment and to share examples of good entrepreneurship and employment practices combating youth unemployment
- To empower and encourage participants to do quality needs analysis and develop strategies for local/European activities and longer-term programmes of youth work for employment and entrepreneurship for youth with fewer opportunities
- To encourage the development of different youth work and non-formal education activities and programmes for empowerment of unemployed youth with fewer opportunities in local communities
- To present the Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme and to encourage the creation of future projects with unemployed youngsters with fewer opportunities
The language of the training course will be English.
Profile of participants:
- Age above 18
- To be active youth workers / leaders and are willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course.
- Willing to take action in the field of NFE for employment of youth
- Able to work in English
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
Financial aspects of the project:
- Food and accommodation will be fully covered by the organizers.
The participants will be accommodated in the youth hostel ‘Goli i Bosi’ (http://www.gollybossy.com/en/home/)
- Travel costs will be covered 70% of the total travel cost.
Reimbursement will be made after the hosting organization receives all the original receipts and tickets, via bank transfer.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!
SENDING FEE (payable to CID): 500 MKD