Project place: Sainte-Croix-Volvestre, France
Project dates: 24 November – 4 December 2015
Deadline for application: 22 October 2015
Solafrika is a French organization that organizes each year educative workcamps. Generally, we work with teenagers and young adults facing social difficulties or justice problems. We also have workcamps with international groups, people with disabilities, … Our experience gave us the vision that workcamp is a really efficient educational tool to work with people. According to that, our “slogan” is : “To build in order to build ourselves”.
All our workcamps have an ecological dominant feature. This aspect is interesting to awake awareness of participants about todays environmental problems and to teach them how they can respect their environment, through responsible consuming and developing a sustainable citizen lifestyle. Through this training course we would like to spread our knowledge on this field with other European organizations.
The training contains an intercultural discovering part. We facilitate it with games and non-formal activities, sharing traditional meals from various countries, managing debates about geopolitical situations, and so on.
Aims of the project:
- To discover and share good practices (roles, pedagogy, security, timetable, …) for a technical leader in a workcamp
- To discover how to adapt an ecological workcamp according to the public (young offenders, person with an impairment, ages and gender, international group…)
- To discover, to raise awareness and to spread ecological methods of construction
- To concretely experiment technical leading of an ecological workcamp
On this training will be used participative methods. The participants will have to be active and involved in every workshop and get them to think, analyze and debate. By this tool, they will learn knowledge and skills passed on during the training.
Programme of the project:
The program of activities can be adapted according to the weather and the participants needs, but the project overall programme is:
- Form a group able to work and share together with cooperative and self confidence activities.
- Explore the roles of a leader and of a technical leader.
- Discover some techniques of ecological building
- To visit local places built with ecological methods
- To discover the local culture and to share the different cultures in presence
- Put ourselves in the situation of a technical leader dealing with different kinds of public.
Profile of participants:
- over 18 years old
- residents of Macedonia
- able to communicate in English
- able to attend the entire duration of the project
- interest in the topic of youth workshops and ecological building
- experience as a workcamp coordinator or technical leader of a workcamp will be considered as an asset
- interest in sharing and implementing what they have learned on the project in CID or their organization
Financial aspects of the project:
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.
The reimbursement will happen upon receiving all the original invoices and tickets.
- Food and accommodation will be covered 100%.
Participants will be accommodated in a holiday cottage, in shared rooms.
No participation fee!
Sending fee (payable to CID): 500 MKD.Apply here