Project duration: October 2016 – September 2017
Deadline for application: 15.12.2015
We can offer a service at the following places of assignments:
• Kinder und Jugendhaus e.V., working with kids and youth
• Clare Zetkin e.V., working with kids and youth
• Freiwilligenagentur, working with migrants
• Friedenskreis Halle e.V., educational and office work (in cooperation with a social facility)
• Kita Martha Maria, working with kids
• Kita Martktspatzen, working with kids
About the volunteering position:
For information about the service “weltwärts” check the weltwärts homepage:
For information about Friedenskreis Halle e.V., the specific upset of the EVS with us and about living in Halle, please have a look at our Information booklet (Infoheft) “Welcome”, for insight and download on our Homepage under “Friedensdienste” > “Being a volunteer in Halle”
For more information on the places of assignment, please have a look at the profiles for insight and download on our Homepage under “Friedensdienste” > “Being a volunteer in Halle”
- Accommodation will be provided by the hosting organization.
- The volunteer will have full health insurance.
- Public transport in the city will be covered, or a bike will be provided as a transportation.
- German lessons will be provided prior or during the volunteering period in the amount of 150 EUR.
- The volunteer will receive 110 EUR a month pocket money.
- The volunteer will receive 229 EUR a month food money.
- Transportation from the volunteers home town to Halle will be payed.
Next to some general criteria, to be find below, there are specific criteria for each place of assignment, to be find in the profiles.
- 18 to 28 years (exceptions can be made, when reasonable)
- (high) school graduation or comparable personal suitability
- basic knowledge of English and willingness to learn German starting in home country
- motivation: voluntary service as an opportunity to learn in different fields and to get involved with (civil) society (voluntary service as learning and peace service)
- openess to the special structure of a voluntary service with Friedenskreis Halle, that is: willingness to participate in the accompanying educational program, to develope and implement one or more small project(s) and to get occupied and engaged with topics and activities of (local) civil society
- interest in global relationships and peace politics as well as education on these topics
- preferable already dedication in civil society in the home country, willingness to get involved in civil society in the home country after returning
How to apply?
The application should consist of:
- introduction: contact details, the type of service you are applying for and your favorite places of assignments (max. 3)
- a CV (listing also your voluntary engagements so far and showing something of your social background)
- a motivation letter (1 to 2 A4 pages)
Send all of the documents above on the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the motivation letter, please address especially the following questions:
- What does volunteering mean to you? Why do you want to volunteer (instead of working, doing a traineeship etc.)?
- Why do you want to volunteer in that specific place of assignment? What do you expect from volunteering here?
- Why do you want to volunteer in Germany / Halle? What do you expect from volunteering here (instead of another city or another country)
- What does it mean to you to volunteer with the organisation “Friedenskreis Halle”?
After screening all applications we will answer you by Email whether we consider to welcome you. As 2nd round in the selection process we and/or the place of assignment will hold Skype interviews.
Please be aware: Out of organizational and fairness reasons we only consider applications sent to us within that period and corresponding to our application guidelines!
For any question, contact us on email@example.com