Project place South West France- Toulouse
Project dates 5-15 September 2016
Application deadline 24.07.2016
About the project
This training course wants to explore and introduce the participants to the practice of body language and contemporary dance as a way to reclaim one’s body, to communicate, to affirm self-confidence, develop creativity and express one’s identity and ideas.
Thanks to the transmission of tools – activities, exercises, theoretical knowledge – materialized into a technical booklet summing up the training course, the participants will be able to make theirs and to use and spread what they have learnt into their own environment.
Participative methods will be used. The workshops will be done in groups and will be complemented with theory, debates, collective games and exchanges with the trainers and between the participants on the topic of the TC. Participants will have to facilitate activities with people outside the training. They will be encouraged to take initiatives and to show creativity and they will be very active in the learning process. Everyday life tasks will be realized in a collective and healthy way, which will also help to build the group dynamic and incite the participants to autonomy.
- debates and constructive discussions about the place of the body in our society, its perception and the practice of contemporary dance
- debates and theory studying about health and the links between health, behaviour and the relation to our body
- body langage/contemporary dance improvisation workshops
- introduction to the practice of dance-therapy and occupational therapy
- facilitation of body language and dance workshops with children/teenagers/mentally disabled grown-up persons
- attending of a contemporary dance performance
- workshop of creation of a dance performance
- cultural evenings and intercultural exchanges
Profile of the participants:
- Be above 18 years old
- Be involved in every day working with young people;
- Have experience in the field
- Willing to share their experience with people from CID
- Ability to work in English
Financial aspect of the project
Food and accommodation will be covered 100% from the hosting organization
Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR (reimbursement will be done after receiving all invoices, boarding passes, tickets etc)