Project place Split, Croatia
Project dates 1-9 November 2016
Application deadline 20 August 2016
ABOUT THE TRAINING COURSE
This is an 8-day training course. The project will gather 30 participants, trainers and staff from 12 organisations and countries (Croatia, Macedonia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Spain, France, Greece, Portugal, Bulgaria, Italy, Romania and Slovenia).
This project focuses on trying to bring added value to youth work for entrepreneurship. We would like to stress that entrepreneurial learning (EL) in youth work is more than seeing entrepreneurship as a practice and learning about business plans. It is rather a mind-set or approach leading to a behavioral transformation towards personal and professional development. While youth work mainly uses learning-by-doing and experiential learning activities, for quality EL this could and should be further enriched with different kinds of practices and learning approaches along a continuum, with the help of Youthpass.
The aim of the project is to empower youth workers to enrich non-formal education (NFE) / youth work activities with quality entrepreneurial education and learning, in order to address change in young mind-sets and to inspire a new set of values inclined towards risk taking, venture creation and self-development.
Objectives of the project are to:
- Equip youth workers with training in competence-based EL to help them implement, develop and multiply the effect of EL.
- Increase the number of learning-by-doing activities and hands-on entrepreneurial practices in youth work Emphasise the attitudetowards EL in youth work, by developing a youth entrepreneurial culture with the support of the Erasmus+ programme.
- Create entrepreneur-friendly learning environments in our youth work
- Support youth work practices, like youth initiatives, with resources and structures to support young people in their implementation process.
Target groups of the project are:
- Youth workers active and/or employed within our organisations’ partners in the project. Organisations’ partners represented by their youth workers are the project’s direct beneficiaries.
- Unemployed youngsters in our communities are the indirect beneficiaries.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Aged 18 and above
- To be active youth workers / leaders who are willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course.
- Willing to implement entrepreneurial learning (EL) in youth work activities of their organisation.
- Able to work well in English.
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she returns.
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course.
TRAVEL, ACCOMODATION, COSTS & REIMBURSEMENT
Accommodation and food will be covered 100% by the hosting organization. Participants will be accommodated in Hostel Goli i Bosi (http://www.gollybossy.com/en/home/) in the center of Split.
70% of travel costs will be reimbursed only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets. You will be reimbursed for 70% of your travel costs (for all the original tickets and ways of travel that are plane, bus, train or ferry, NOT taxi and NOT car).