Project place Naples, Italy
Project dates 13– 21 December 2016
Application deadline 12th September 2016
About the project
Nowadays a massive immigration and the business crisis caused diﬀerent situation of discrimination that detriment youths specially. The lack or the poor knowledge about “the others” caused in particular the discrimination, the stereotypes and many hardships. Jump in Living Library wants to involve the participants as a “living” source of knowledge about their own countries, their situations in which they can see the discrimination and the possible solutions about the problem.
So, our youth exchange “Jump in Living Library”, as the Erasmus+ plan of 2016 has these specific objectives:
1) to grow the awareness about discrimination and its diﬀerent aspects;
2) to stimulate the intercultural dialogue trough local and international habits and environments;
3) to promote human rights and the values of tolerance and solidarity;
4) to stimulate youths to have a critical thinking and intercultural competences.
The participants of Jump in Living Library will be involved in activities such as brainstorming, simulations and team building in order to identify oneself in the diﬀerent situations of daily discrimination, to promote diﬀerent reﬂections about the phenomenon and to find solutions through a choral dialogue.
- Aged between 18-25 years old
- Age of the group leader can be between 20-50.
- Already experienced in non-formal activities projects is preferable, but not compulsory.
- Actively involved in their NGO and their Community
- Experienced on work with young people from minorities or in disadvantage status
- They should have a conversational level of English and be prepared to work in an intercultural team from cultures diﬀerent from their own.
Financial aspect of the project
Accommodation and food will be covered 100% by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be refund up to 170 EUR. (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original invoices, boarding passes, tickets etc.)
Sending fee 500 MKD
Participation fee NONE