Project place Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Project dates 7 -13 November 2016
Application deadline URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The main idea of the “Better Together” project is to get together youth workers and experts, coming from Bulgaria, Macedonia, Turkey, Greece, Romania, Albania, Croatia, Serbia and Slovakia and to pilot “Better together” training program,
promoting inter-cultural tolerance, combating discrimination and fighting against the stereotype of confrontation, extremism and hate speech among young people, living on the Balkans territory. The training course will also emphasize on
the influence of media as a tool for promoting human rights, cultural latitude and No Hate speech movement in the local context. As a result of their collaborative work at the time of the training, the participants should design a sample of an
interactive campaign /both on-line and off line/ and create tools/printed and media products/ for its implementation among schools around all participating countries as a follow-up activity.
The main project objectives are:
- To establish, train and develop a team of youth workers – multipliers of the “Better Together” training program;
- To support and encourage the development of various products and tools (i.e e-tools) for learning as part of an interactive campaign “Better Together” to promote human rights and tolerance at the Balkans;
- To establish a network of schools and institutions around 9 Balkan countries, where to test these tools and to disseminate the results of the campaign among at least 1000 young people;
The project’s implementation will pass through 3 stages:
- Training course (7-13 November, 2016) and
- Follow-up campaign in local school and institutions (for at least 4 months after the end of the training course).
THE PARTICIPANTS PROFILE
- Age over 20;
- Occupation: youth workers, NGO leaders and staff members, university students, teachers, volunteers working in youth field;
- Some experience in the field of youth work (volunteering, participation in youth national or international activities) will be an advantage;
- Strongly motivated to participate;
- Fluent in English;
- Able to present at the whole time of the event;
FINANCIAL ASPECT OF THE PROJECT
Accommodation and food will be covered 100%. The event will take place in the Hotel “Berkut” in the village of Brestnik http://hotel-berkut.eu.
Travel costs will be covered up to 180 EUR. (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original boaring passes, tickets and invoices)
Participation fee NONE
Sending fee 500 MKD