Project place: Velika Hoca, Kosovo
Project dates: 13th – 23rd of March 2017
Application deadline: 05.02.2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
This youth exchange will gather 30 young people from Greece, Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia, Bulgaria and Germany. The program will be focused on deconstruction of national myths, stories and legends, through creative, non-formal and informal educational methods.
During this youth exchange the group will:
● explore backgrounds of different national myths
● learn about the role of national myths in shaping of identity
● explore collective identities, national, Balkan, European and other
● be deconstructing myths, and try to understand their impact on the society
● learn how history textbooks are being used for nationalistic propaganda
● learn about local identity of people in Velika Hoča
● visit Prizren, mosques, medieval churches and the fortress
● visit Visoki Dečani Monastery
● visit local cultural organizations
● enjoy local food, products, customs and traditions
This youth exchange is part of Balkans Myth Busters project, supported by Erasmus+ program and includes series of international youth events. In November 2016, seminar on national myths and youth work took place in Tavankut (Serbia), while in August 2017, we will organize another youth exchange in Trstenik (Serbia).
The project is coordinated by VCV from Serbia and GAIA from Kosovo, while other partners in this youth exchange are CVS Bulgaria, SCI Hellas, SCI Germany and CID Macedonia
WHAT IS A YOUTH EXCHANGE?
A Youth Exchange in the frame of the Erasmus+ Program is a project which brings together groups of young people from two or more countries providing them an opportunity to confront and discuss various themes while learning about each other’s countries, peoples and cultures. Youth exchanges give young people the opportunity to become active, involved, creative, and critical, to learn from each other, to learn about and challenge themselves, to make mistakes and learn from them, to experience diversity in small…
THE PARTICIPANTS PROFILE:
● be in the age between 18 and 30
● be interested in topics and willing to get prepared before the youth exchange
● be willing to live sustainably and in an international community in a small village surrounded by nature and hills for 10 days
● be ready for active participation and contribution
PROGRAM, ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Program will be diverse, intensive and very much up to participants. We will be having sessions in the morning and afternoon, but also evening activities.
Frame of the program will be prepared by the group leaders, but participants are expected to contribute with their own ideas, skills, questions, suggestions, games, movies etc.
We will be accommodated in several private houses around the village. 4-6 people will be sharing one house. The food will be prepared by local cooks. It will be traditional, local, seasonal and vegetarian. The village is traditionally rich in wine-growing and wineries, so participants will also learn about this old tradition and taste some of the best wines from Kosovo.
Velika Hoča (local dialect: Golema Oča, Albanian: Hoça e Madhe) is a village located in the Metohija region of Kosovo, near the town of Rahovac/Orahovac. It is one of the Serb enclaves in Kosovo, and houses some 13 Orthodox church buildings, most of which date back to the Middle Ages.It was first mentioned in history in 1198, but the region itself was populated even during antiquity. The village is famous for its viticulture, a tradition that also dates back to the antiquity. Therefore Velika Hoča is often called the “village museum”.
Travel costs will be refunded 100% cheapest way only (Reimbursement will be done after receiving all the original tickets and invoices)