Project place: Balestrand-Ciderhuset, Norway
Project dates: 14-23 May 2017
Application deadline URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Training course 100% dedicated to Global Education
The MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) were ambitiously set to be met by 2015 in order to reduce poverty in the world and to increase the quality of life around the globe. MDG together with other international global frameworks incorporate issues of: education, women rights, poverty, health, environment, children rights, global partnership and reflect strongly the global interdependencies that are in the world and how the globalization process leads to social injustice towards actions are required. Global education is one pillars of the long term changes desired in our society and is part of the priorities of global actors.
The approach of the training will be focused on developing specific global education and multiplying competencies and it will make use of the richness of experiential learning and non-formal education in general (it will have a strong practical approach)
During the training course the participants will go through a non-formal educational process that will include topics such as: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s and other international frameworks, post 2015 agenda and discussion, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, educational and methodological tools, “take action”.
The training will have a high level of practical approach, based on experiential learning and it will aim at empowering the participants of using these methods in their own realities.
The main goal of the project
– to develop practical competencies in global education among young Europeans and youth workers
More specific objectives are:
- To increase the knowledge level of young people in topics like: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s, post 2015 framework, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, etc.
- To develop practical skills in various global education methods and in non-formal education in general;
- To create pro-active attitudes towards global issues;
- To encourage participation and involvement of young people in social processes;
- To develop sense of common responsibility for the future of their local communities from a global perspective; (to think global and act local)
- To stimulate the participants to act as global education multipliers in their own organization and regions;
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Age above 18
- Have at least medium level in English language
- interested in the global topics
- Are committed to fully participate in the training
- Willing to implement some activities after the training and share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 360 Euro. The travel cost will be reimbursed through bank transfer after the training, after receiving the documents in original.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD