Project place: Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Project dates: 30th June – 6th July 2017
Application deadline: 10th June
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The training course “Mentoring from A to Z” aims at developing and improving the competences of current and future mentors in providing personal support to EVS volunteers and thus to ensure the implementation of EVS projects of high quality adequate, prepared and trained personal support system for the volunteers.
The objectives of this project can be outlined as:
- To gain and improve competences to deal with the uniqueness of the volunteer in terms of personality, culture and learning styles
- To explore the life cycle of a long-term project and the rights, responsibilities and roles of the main stakeholders
- To understand better the different support systems and the specific role of the mentor
- To learn and practice tools that could be used during the mentoring process
- To increase the competence for conflict transformation and how to deal with challenging situations and support the volunteers while going through such
- To explore further the concept of non-formal and informal learning, self-directed learning, Youtpass and learn practical steps on how to support the learning development of the volunteers
- To create personal development planning according to each mentor’s needs
- To offer a safe, creative and sharing space for the exchange of good practices, learning experiences, ideas and development of new partnerships
- To increase the knowledge in general about Erasmus+ Programme and the opportunities it provides
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Age 18+;
- Current and future mentors of long-term volunteers
- Willing to learn and share
- Willing to practice and multiply learning after the training course
- Able to understand and express themselves in English
- Are committed to attend for the full duration of the project
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
The venue is Imenieto hotel, Emen, (http://imenieto.com/en/), in the Veliko Tarnovo region.
Travel costs will be covered up to 180 EURO. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs, and reimbursed the total amount of costs from home to the venue of the training.
The transport from Veliko Tarnovo to Emen (the venue where the training course will take place) and return will be covered by the organizers.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD