Project place: Belgrade, Serbia
Project dates: 2nd – 5th November 2017
Application deadline: 22nd September 2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This conference should brighten up the gap that exists between youth work, non-formal education and online learning and digital tools. The fact that young people today are “onl(ine)-youth” does not eliminate the need to take an active attitude towards online space, in what way and what purpose it is used with (“digitally wisdom)”. Also, in a what way those who are onl-youth cooperate with those born before widespread use of digital technology, such as trainers and youth workers, as well as most of those who direct Youth policy. Therefore, is it possible youth work to be more online and using online context and keeping values of non-formal education with youth?
The Conference will bring together youth workers, non-formal educators (trainers), young people, experts for online learning in different fields from Albania, Croatia, Finland, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Spain and Serbia. This will be a unique opportunity not only to share and discuss, but also to try to perceive how the onl-youth culture shapes the youth work and non-formal education today, and potentials and traps in this aria.
Through discussion groups, small experiential groups, the large group (plenary), workshops, and panel lectures, we will explore topics like:
- Educational technologies – history and where we are now.
- Effectiveness of online youth work and youth activism?
- Online courses: interaction and dynamics – how to achieve them?
- Experiences, benefits and dilemmas about online non-formal learning dealing with topics such as: youth activism, youth participation in decision-making processes, increasing youth employability, raising awareness of gender equality…
- Online support for youths who are coming from sensitive groups.
- How can we use video and other games for pedagogical purposes?
- Internet traps – invisible marketing
- Virtual world – reality and opportunities?
The full Program for the Conference and the list of the guest speakers will be published soon.
During the conference, the host will provide visit to some cultural events, sightseeing and info about places for fun.
This project is financed by the programme Erasmus+ of the European Union.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- be 18 years old or older
- be able to work in English language
- be committed to the whole conference program
- willing to share their experience with CID
This conference will provide assistance if there will be people with disabilities among participants.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
Food, accommodation as well as conference materials will be provided by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 180 EUR. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD