Project place: La Vancelle (nearby Strasbourg), France
Project dates: 30th October – 5th November
Application deadline: 10th September 2017
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Art provides engaging experiences for youngsters with fewer opportunities. We want to show that creative tasks and inclusive methodology approach boost confidence and participation. We are motivated to carry on this project because we believe that art is a universal language that speaks to us regardless of our social, economical, cultural or geographical background. It gives us a new perspective and insight on different cultures and customs. Weather they create a painting or a collage to express emotions and feelings, art has the power to break barriers, create initiative and contribute to personal and professional development of youth.
• improve the knowledges of foreign languages, especially English and French
• Inspire young people to use creative arts as a way to bring cultural awareness and to develop expression
• increase the feeling of European Citizenship and facilitate an intercultural dialogue among young European citizens, through non- formal methodology
We will implemente the project through workshops for youth, using non-formal & informal learning methods like:
- Debats and reflection groups for practicing foreign languages.
- Creative art workshops to improve or enhance participant’s knowledges in the field of arts and to improve expression
- Cultural visits (European institution, European Capital) to develop the feeling of European citizenship.
- Organization of role plays and other group-building activities to pratice forein languages and to develop an intercultural dialogue
- Preparing at the end of each day an intercultural evening, to promote group cohesion to foster intercultural dialogue.
Working Languages: English and French
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- 18 – 30 years old
- 18+ for the group leader
- no need to have any previous experience in art
- youngsters with fewer opportunities are encouraged to apply
- be free to participate all duration of the youth exchange
- willing to share their experience with CID
- has enough good knowledge of English and French
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be covered up to 240 EUR. The travel costs will be reimbursed according to E+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices, calculating all costs.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD