Project place: Hollókö, Hungary
Project dates: 28th April – 8th May 2018
Application deadline: 28th February 2018
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Agents of Change (AoC) is a 9 days training course aiming to improve the leadership skills of the participants.
Its main working objectives are:
- To reflect the role of leadership and explore participants’ own attitudes, approach and inner motivation of their work with volunteering.
- To improve and boost the practical skills (especially coaching and mentoring) of the participants for working with groups and projects in volunteering.
- To put participants’ experience into practice and multiply among their colleagues and target groups.
What experience can you expect?
AoC is divided into 4 main parts:
- Self-Reflection (days 1 to 3) – During these days the participants will have the opportunity to get a better and deeper understanding on how and why they lead people and how this affects the results they obtain, and they can maintain what works and improve what doesn’t. Shortly: the participants will have the opportunity to develop self-coaching skills. They will do so through input, activities and reflection spaces. It will be looked into the relationship between beliefs, concepts, automatic behaviours, teamwork and decision making.
- Transformation (days 4 & 5) – The participants will have the space to create practical links between the previous days of self-reflection and their own working lives. They will have the chance to transform any personal insights into long-lasting professional competences with the support of tools and input coming from such fields as coaching and mentoring.
- Outdoor / Submersion (days 6 to 8) – The best way to put knowledge from to theory is to practice in a real-life situation or context. Therefore, in small groups, the participants will have several assignments to complete in the local communities around Hollókő where they can put into practice the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired throughout the previous days of the TC.
- Integration & Closing (Days 8 & 9) – These last 2 days are there to wrap up the learning experience of the TC, in such a way that the insights can be taken home in a structured manner, to plan follow-up steps and close the TC together.
The working approach of this training:
We work from a perspective which combines learning by experience with coaching, as we believe that this supports the most the participants in their own development. The training is there for participants to explore, play and try out, so they can find their own conclusions. The training is there for people who want to work on themselves and therefore each participant is the creator of their own experience.
We use a specific methodology, developed for more than 10 years in a network of youth organisations, with a specific culture:
We take each day as a working day with a length of 10 to 14 hours, including meals and breaks;
For the majority of the training the program is pre-defined;
Our activities stimulate participants to bring what is relevant for them and coming from their own culture; therefore, we will not use the traditional name games, icebreakers or intercultural evening activities.
We will use for the most part a theatrical setting: specific rooms settings, specific materials, music and we will have as a team a specific approach. We create the stage for participants to bring what is relevant for themselves and work it out.
The training is intended for participants, who
- Are at least 18 years old and can communicate in English
- Are planning to lead a workcamp in 2018 and ideally have been to or are planning to go to regular workcamp leaders trainings
- Have participated at least 1 workcamp as participants, previous experiences with leading a workcamp are welcome, but not required
- Are able to participate fully at the programme from the beginning till the end
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR after successful participation in the TC and fulfilling dissemination activities.
Participation fee: 20 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD