Project place: Shtip, Macedonia
Project dates: 12th – 21st August 2018
Application deadline: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project “Be the Change – Empowered Citizens, Empowered Communities” aims to increase capacity building of 10 partner organizations, and involve of 55 youth workers in citizenship education in order to contribute to a working civil society across the national borders in Europe.
The general theme of the project is focused on Citizenship in general, European citizenship in particular and other concepts which associated it. Four dimension of citizenship will be in focus of working agenda, concepts such as intercultural dialogue, migration, rights and responsibilities, cultural identity and how each of the above concepts is translated in concrete activities with young people.
- The promotion of active citizenship has become a key policy concern in youth work. The one of the long-standing cornerstones of practice has been to “empower” young people through active participation. Much of this work draws on a rights-based approach to working with young people.
- To explore four dimension of citizenship (political, economical, cultural and social) for encouraging youth worker to take concrete action in society;
- To explore the meaning, relevance and implications of European citizenship in youth work in all its dimensions and in three main components (status, rights and responsibilities);
- To provide information to participants with the current talks on European Citizenship (its concepts, formal meanings and expressions)
- To bring concrete examples and the connection between European Citizenship, Human Rights, Democracy and Inter-cultural Learning.
- To improve participants skills in citizenship education for young people with fewer opportunities and guide them to be agent of positive change in communities they live and to promote and use different programmes and structures in support of youth work on citizenship education, including Erasmus + Youth in Action programme;
The next activity is a YOUTH EXCHANGE.
During the Youth Exchange the participants will have the opportunity to network with each other, intensify the relations between organization, exchange ideas and increase the capacity of cooperation and lobbying to develop more the how our citizens and youth worker in our communities through open discussion and new innovative projects could profit.
The youth exchange will bring together 50 youngsters from partner organisations to discuss about the concept of European citizenship, inclusion and how useful are those concepts in everyday life of young people in practical terms. Leaders will facilitate the learning process improving competencies of young people in active citizenship, youth participation
and inclusion. Through different non formal education methods, we will engage young people to learn about European citizenship using mostly learning by doing. Methods like: brainstorming, collage, simulation exercises, role plays, video, field visits will make participant learning process easy and comfortable.
The theme of the working groups will be chosen by participants, but as well will be connected with 4 dimension of European
citizenship (social, political, economic, cultural).
From the YE, we will have some products from the working group which will be presented in the final performance in the last day of the activity where local youngsters will be invited.
- 18 – 30 years old (no age limit for group leaders);
- Interested in the topic;
- Have a communicative level of English;
- Willing to share their experience with CID.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food and transport will be covered by the hosting organization.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD