Project dates: 01.02.2019 – 30.11.2019 (10 months)
Project place: Tallinn, Estonia
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Main aim of this project is to provide an opportunity to emerging youth workers to gain knowledge, skills and practical experience necessary for supporting youth especially those from marginal backgrounds (ethnic minorities, low income families, etc.), vulnerable situations (disabilities, linguistic barriers, etc.) and NEET’s (not in employment, education and training). The project will contribute to the professional development of a group of youth workers in education and/or training in Macedonia, Estonia and the United Kingdom through involving them in training and practical working experience in all nations, as well as through developing tools both off and online that they can use in their future work in this field. One of the major aims of the collaboration is the development of accreditation and recognition of professional youth work both in the UK, Estonia and Macedonia as well as Europe and even on a Global context.
Position: Youth worker will join to one of our Estonia’s or Tallinn’s Youth Centers
Youth Centers in Tallinn city o across Estonia are the second home for all young people aged 7-26. Here, young people have the opportunity to spend their free time in a good company and take part in local and international youth projects.
The Youth Center offers learning opportunities, helps to acquire volunteering, teamwork and event management experience, develops communication skills with other organizations and youth workers.
– testing new youth work approaches – sharing, implementation and then re-evaluation of theoretical practice;
– creating and uploading content on the educational platform (at least 2.5 hours a week working on the platform) such as online courses, videos, articles, etc, based on experience and learning through carefully trialled experimental implementation of new tools for the online education platform;
– contributing to the film by making a 3-4 minute video each week based upon their activities and experiences;
– engaging in a level of self-evaluation and reflection through the recording of individual videos and the creation of online articles;
– ensuring the successful dissemination of results between stakeholders (write articles, sections, chapters in relation to the handbook).
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATES
- 18+ years old
- youth workers
- dedicated to work with youth
- flexible and easy adaptable
- willing to try new methods for working with youth
This project is supported by Erasmus+ programme.
All costs (accommodation, utilities, transportation, materials) will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed according to the rules of Erasmus+ programme.
The youth worker will receive monthly allowance of 600 EUR.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com stating in the subject: Mobility of Youth Work in Estonia.