Project place: Ferrara, Italy
Project dates: 3rd -11th November 2018
Application deadline: 24th September 2018
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Project “Education and youth work for social entrepreneurship with and for immigrants and asylum seekers” aims to build capacity of youth workers and youth organisations in field of social entrepreneurship with/for young immigrants and asylum seekers through empowerment of youth workers and developing the needed tools and courses for offline and online education and mentoring of beneficiaries in our communities and on European level.
The project consists of several activities, and one of those is this training course “Education and mentoring for social entrepreneurship with/for immigrants and asylum seekers”. The training course will be organised in Ferrara, Italy in November 2018.
We are hereby recruiting participants that will be able to participate at the training course, give back (to their sending organisations) their knowledge and skills in the topics of the training course and contribute to the follow-up activities within the overall project.
About the training course
The training course will gather 24 participants from 6 organisations and countries (Serbia, Italy, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Germany).
Specific objectives of the training course are:
- To share realities and experiences with discrimination, exclusion and marginalization of different groups (including migrants and refugees) in different European countries
- To increase participants’ knowledge and understanding about asylum seekers and other socially excluded and marginalised groups in our communities
- To increase participants’ understanding and knowledge of different aspects, concepts, stakeholders and supporters of social entrepreneurship; and their competences for social entrepreneurship / Competences as social entrepreneurs
- To further develop competences for Needs analysis and survey of socially excluded groups (including immigrants and asylum seekers) in our communities; as well as competences in defining, planning and coordinating quality youth work projects which contribute to social entrepreneurship with/for immigrants, refugees and other marginalised groups
- To increase participants’ knowledge about other EU/European and national (funding) possibilities related to youth social entrepreneurship
- To provide interaction of our youth workers with asylum seekers and thus to get our youth workers motivated for more consistent engagement on youth work for inclusion and acceptance
The training course will be hosted in the hostel in Ferrara (IT) which is social enterprise and employs and gathers asylum seekers to offer them opportunity to be employed while waiting for their asylums to be resolved. Thus, in the programme of that training course we have planned and arranged the whole morning of Living Library with the asylum seekers. Thanks to that element, our participants will be able to see specific NFE method (Living library) adapted for the specific circumstances and target groups and will be inspired and motivated to work on issues of inclusion and acceptance of diversity deeply.
Training course is based on the approach, principles and methods of non-formal education. The language of the training course will be English.
The participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Active youth workers willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on the training course
- Willing to take action in the field of employability, social entrepreneurship, inclusion and acceptance of diversity of immigrants, refugees and other youth with fewer opportunities, setting up the international, local and online NFE projects
- They are age above 18 and able to attend the entire duration of the course and are able to follow the programme in English language
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food (three meals and two coffee breaks per day) will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets. Travel expenses are covered by the organizers 100% up to 275 EUR. Participants must keep all travel documents (tickets, travel agency invoices and boarding passes) as organizers are able to make any reimbursement only on the bases of presented documents!
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD