Project place: Kastellaun, Germany
Project dates: 26th March – 3rd April 2019
Application deadline: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
After a successful implementation of the project “Better Together” in 2016, IJGD has decided to develop a follow-up project to continue working with relations between social inclusion and international voluntary service, with the special focus on inclusion of refugee youth in IVS projects. First activity of this project will be training for camp leaders of the inclusive camps, which will follow previously developed programme of the first edition of the project „Better Together“. Training will take place in Kastellaun, Germany, Match 26th (arrival day) until April 3rd 2019 departure day).
The focus of training for camp leaders will be on:
– Developing competences in how to lead an international workcamp or youth exchange
– Understanding what social inclusion is and how is it linked with the IVS
– Getting prepared to run one of 3 Youth Exchanges which are part of the project
– Gaining knowledge in variety of the topics that the training will cover: intercultural learning, leadership skills, conflict management, gender equality, environmental sustainability…
Main aim of the project is To empower future work-camp leaders to support inclusion of youngster coming from disadvantaged background into International Voluntary Service projects, such as youth exchanges and workcamps.
- age over 18
- active volunteers who have had past experience in youth exchange or workcamp as participants
- willing to develop their competences further, towards becoming workcamp leaders
- able to communicate in English
- willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
PARTICIPATION FEE: NONE
SENDING FEE: 500 MKD
HOW TO APPLY
Send an application form to email@example.com stating in the subject: Application for Training Course “Better Together 2.0: Volunteering as a tool for Social Inclusion”