Project place: Vienna, Austria
Project dates: 28th April – 4th May 2019
Application deadline: 18th February 2019
ABOUT THE PROJECT
In a Europe that was created to break down borders recent developments are creating the opposite situation. Borders in the minds as well as physical borders are being reinforced or put up. Migration is an especially hot topic. Young people – whether from a migration background themselves or not – are influenced by these discussions and developments in their daily lives, views and interactions. This is why P.E.CO. and the project partners have created “Terrarum Orbis 2” in which they want to create a meeting space and an intercultural dialogue.
The project is divided into 2 parts:
- A seminar in Vienna from the 28th of April to the 4th of May (including the travelling days)
- A Youth Exchange in Genova in the second half of August
On the seminar we will:
– discuss the phenomenon of migration, asylum and refugees in Europe and the reactions to it
– get to know organisations of immigrants/ refugees/ asylum seekers or working with immigrants/ refugees/ asylum seekers in Vienna
– learn about non-formal education as a tool to address the topic with young people (with a special focus on theatre, considering that this will be the main method of the Youth Exchange)
– discuss advocacy as a tool to promote a more inclusive Europe and break down borders
P.E.CO. and the partners of this project work locally and through international mobility programs with young people of diverse backgrounds. P.E.CO. focuses its work on inclusion. Neuer Start (the hosting organization of the seminar) works with young afghan refugees.
- 18 or older
- Able to communicate in English
- Be active in and organization/ institution and be motivated to act as multipliers for the project
- Commit to actively participate in the seminar from beginning to end
- Has diverse experiences and backgrounds in youth work
- Has an experience in working or volunteering with young migrants/ refugees/ asylum seekers
- Willing to share their experience with CID
Two per each group will be the youth leaders participating in the Youth Exchange in Genova.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD