Project place: Hollókő, Hungary
Project dates: 22nd – 31st of May
Application deadline: 20th of April
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Egyesek Coaching Training is an educational program consisting of 2 separate training courses:
- TC1 is focused on basic coaching and mentoring tools – 22-31 May 2019
- TC2 works with more advanced technics – 11-20 November 2019
ABOUT THE TRAINING COURSE
Egyesek Coaching Training TC1 is a unique training course providing basic coaching tools and a framework for mentoring young people through volunteering. The program is for youth workers, mentors and people working with groups. Our basic approach is that as a professional working with other human beings, we shall constantly reflect on ourselves and on our working methodologies. Therefore this training provides basic self-reflecting tools and especially tools to develop an attitude where coaching is used as an approach in work with young people.
WHAT CAN YOU GET OUT OF IT?
- Apply coaching and mentoring input, methods, techniques and tools in your work
- Apply the tools given in the work with young people
- Identify which areas you need to improve or develop
- Identify your core skills and strong points for coaching
- Select which coaching tools fit your style
- Set your learning goals and outcomes for coaching and mentoring
- Improve your capacity for self-reflection
- Throughout the whole training, you will have the possibility to work and experiment with different coaching tools as a coach and coachee as well.
- A part of the training will focus on how to communicate and express emotions, what the impact is and how to use it for coaching and mentoring.
- Experiential learning
- learning by doing
- Informal learning
- learn from each others’ real working experiences
- allow to develop the capacity to question yourself and find answers to individual needs
- Embodied coaching
- highly dynamic and self-reflecting method (come from Theatre, Dance, Body Awareness methods, NLP, Osho meditation) triggering personal questions through the body, by focusing movement, expression and interpersonal relationships
- Systemic work
- perceiving the relationships between individuals and their environments
- Somatic work
- communication, creating connection, cooperation and emotional management through non-verbal ways
PROGRAMME OF THE TRAINING
The program of the training is built in such a way that there is progressive step-by-step learning by doing and it is adapted to the learning needs of the group. This means that each piece of content is delivered, will be integrated into the new contents that follow it. Like Lego bricks, they will be put on top of each other in a consistent way. For every step, the learning will be done by putting the content into practice, so that it is practically exercised and not only theoretically discussed.
FIRST STEPS – In the beginning you will have the opportunity to define your own concept of coaching and mentoring through direct experience and action. Also, you will get the chance to identify your skills, how you want to improve them and what are the results you want to get.
PERSONAL AWARENESS – Personal awareness is about becoming more conscious on how we communicate on a daily basis through observation. For a coach it can have a great impact to have a clear perception of his/her communication when working with a volunteer. To achieve this, you will work throughout on 3 main levels: body language, voice/tonality and language.
ME, THE OTHER AND COACHING – During this step you will be able to take a step further towards what coaching can be, by working with tools to understand how perception is built and with questions that can bring another understanding and perspective for your volunteers’ questions.
WORKING WITH VOLUNTEERS – During working with volunteers we will examine the following questions: How to create connection and maintain it throughout the work with a volunteer? How to ask questions? How to lead the volunteer into getting another perspective on their questions?
COACHING APPLIED – You will get the opportunity to practice and develop a wider range of approaches that are available, which can give you the confidence of handling a volunteer in different ways. The focus will be on coaching through the body, identifying what the core qualities in your voice are and how to perform attention giving behaviour. Further, you will learn about techniques on the level of questions and conversation.
CREATIVE COACHING – You will be able to explore how to expand your creativity and imagination while coaching, so that you can bring another perspective in a refreshing and attracting way for your coachee. During this day you will have many opportunities to practice how to use your coaching sessions in another context, how to use visualization for releasing the emotional tension from specific memories, and how to give creative assignments.
The Training is targeted for people who have experience in working with people. Our previous practice showed that this training is most effective for those people who work with individuals in different contexts, as volunteers or as professionals (e.g. mentors, youth workers, teachers, educators, coordinators, etc.)
- You are a youth worker who has been working directly with young people for minimum of 6 months
- Your target group involves young people with fewer opportunities
- You have the willingness to improve your professional performance, by developing your own coaching and mentoring attitude and toolkit
- You are over the age of 18
- You are willing to share your experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: 60 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD