Project place: Veliki Gaj, Serbia
Project dates: 20th – 22nd of July 2019 – the APV (only for the group leader)
1st – 16th of August 2019 – the Youth Exchange
Application deadline: 9th of June 2019
ABOUT THE PROJECT
“Better Together 2.0” is a projected developed by IJGD in cooperation with Association MAGNET which is running for the second time since 2016, when it was implemented for the first time. The project is focusing on social inclusion of young people coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, mostly from difficult economical, social and cultural backgrounds. It is originally designed as an educational programme for teenagers age 16-18 from 6 European countries – Serbia, Germany, Macedonia, Italy, Romania and Belgium. The Youth Exchange will take place in Veliki Gaj. Each group will have 4 participants and 1 youth leader coming together to the youth exchange.
Description of the work/workshops:
Participants will have their days divided into two equal parts. In the morning, participants will have workshops on various topics of interest for International Voluntary Service and particularly for this youth exchange – volunteering, social inclusion, sustainability and intercultural learning. In the afternoons participants will take part in voluntary work, which in this youth exchange will be focusing on reconstruction and environment issues – reconstruction of the garden of Magnet House, recently opened educational center which is promoting nonformal education, youth work, gender equality, social inclusion, sustainable development and human rights. In addition, there will be other work linked to the environment protection organized by the host, which will be focusing on cleaning of the areas around and inside the big park next to the Magnet House, which is under the protection of state for its cultural significance.
In the free time, participants will have an opportunity to take part in different excursions:
1. Visit of the town of Vršac and picnic at the mountain above the town
2. Visit of the nearby desert, one of the very few remaining deserts in Europe
3. Visit to the large animal farm in the village and tasting of the local products
Advanced Planning Visit will start on July 20th (arrival day) and end on July 22nd (departure day) for the youth exchange. As this is a teenage youth exchange, leaders who want to apply to coordinate the national groups should meet the following minimum standards:
– they have passed an international training for workcamp and youth exchange leaders
– they have participated and/or lead at least 2 international camps or youth exchanges before
- Aged 16 – 18 for the participants; 18 – 30 for the group leader
- Capable to communicate in English;
- Available for entire project period;
- Motivated to participate in the youth exchange
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.