Project place: Hollökö, Hungary
Project dates: 10th to 20th of October 2019
Application deadline: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Agents of Change (AoC) is a 9 days training course aiming to improve the leadership skills of the participants through self-reflection.
THE TRAINING IS HERE FOR YOU TO:
1. Reflect the role of leadership and explore your own attitudes, approach and inner motivation for your work with volunteering.
2. Improve and boost your practical skills (especially coaching and communication) for working with groups and projects in volunteering.
3. Put your experience into practice and multiply among your colleagues and target groups.
Please note that this is NOT a skills/tool oriented training, but it rather focuses on personal development and self-reflection.
THE WORKING APPROACH OF THIS TRAINING:
The Agents of Change (AoC) is not the regular training you might be used to when it comes to non-formal education/Erasmus+.
We combine elements from formal education, non-formal and informal learning, as we find all of them purposeful when applied to the right context. We work from a perspective which unites learning by experience with coaching, as we believe that this supports the most the participants in their own development.
The training is here to challenge participants’ perceptions, beliefs and assumptions and to settle themselves as people and leaders. Due to this approach, which focuses highly on the personal background of the participants, it might be emotionally intensive. It is so as we aim to create an impactful and useful process, by focusing on what is relevant on the participants’ personal and professional life.
Therefore, the majority of the program will consist of activities for self-reflection, supported by some models and tools we find relevant and powerful.
The participants will explore, play and try out, so they can find their own conclusions. The training is there for people who want to work on themselves; therefore each participant is the creator of their own experience.
By doing so, participants will be able to develop the powerful capacity for self-coaching: the ability to bring yourself towards the results you want to achieve in life, while enjoying it.
We use a specific methodology, developed for more than over 10 years in a network of youth organisations, with a specific culture:
- We take each day as a working day with a length of 10 to 14 hours, including meals and
- For the majority of the training the program is pre-defined;
- Our activities stimulate participants to bring what is relevant for them, independently from whatever culture they come from; therefore, we will not use the traditional name games, icebreakers or intercultural evening activities.
- We will use for the most part a theatrical setting: specific room’s settings, specific materials, music and we will have as a team a specific approach. We create the stage for participants to bring what is relevant for themselves and work it out.
WHAT EXPERIENCE CAN YOU EXPECT?
AoC is divided into 4 main parts:
- Self-Reflection (days 1 to 3) – During these days the participants will have the opportunity to get a better and deeper understanding on how and why they lead people and how this affects the results they obtain, and they can maintain what works and improve what doesn’t. Shortly: the participants will have the opportunity to look into the relationship between beliefs, concepts, automatic behaviours, teamwork and decision making. They will do so through input, activities and reflection spaces.
- Transformation (days 4 & 5) – The participants will have the space to create practical links between the previous days of self-reflection and their own working lives. They will have the chance to transform any personal insights into long-lasting professional competences with the support of tools and input coming from such fields as management and leading teams or project planning.
- Outdoor / Submersion (days 6 to 8) – The best way to put knowledge from to theory is to practice in a real-life situation or context. Therefore, in small groups, the participants will have several assignments to complete in the local communities around the venue where they can put into practice the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired throughout the previous days of the TC.
- Integration & Closing (Days 8 & 9) – These last 2 days are there to wrap up the learning experience of the TC, in such a way that the insights can be taken home in a structured manner, to plan follow-up steps and close the TC together.
- planning to lead a project or a workcamp in 2019 and ideally have been to or are planning to go to regular skills oriented project or workcamp leaders trainings
- have ideally participated in at least 1 workcamp as participants, previous experiences with leading a workcamp or other type of project are welcome, but not required
- willing to work on their personal and professional development
- able to participate fully at the programme from the beginning till the end
- age above 18 and able to follow the programme in English language.
- willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: 20 EUR
Sending fee: 500 MKD