Project dates: 28th of October – 3rd of November 2019
Project place: La Vancelle, (nearby Strasbourg) France
Deadline for applying: 15th of September 2019
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project « Let’s Improvise Becoming Creative, Expressive and Spontaneous Through Music » is a youth exchange on the theme of music as a stepping stone to social inclusion of youth and community cohesion. It aims to provide young participants with expertise in the field of music and artistic expression in general. It also aims to promote greater intercultural understanding between young Europeans, to sensitize them on European citizenship through various activities based on formal and non-formal education methods.
This project has the following objectives:
1. Acquire or strengthen participants’ knowledge in the fields of music;
2. Enhance the sense of belonging to a European community reunited in its diversity;
3. Develop participants’ skills in foreign languages, especially in French and English;
4. Propose a learning mobility opportunity for youth and youth leaders.
We will implement the project through workshops for youth, using non-formal & informal learning methods like:
– Work and reflection groups for practicing foreign languages.
– Musical workshops to improve or enhance participant’s knowledge in the field of music
– Cultural visits (heritage, gastronomy, cultural sites) to develop the feeling of European citizenship.
– Organization of role plays and other group-building activities to promote the social integration of youth.
– Preparing at the end of each day an intercultural evening, to promote group cohesion to foster intercultural dialogue.
Please be prepared to discover other ways of playing music and other maybe a new style of music. You don’t need to bring any scores because we won’t use any.
There will not be any “formal” music course during the week. We are not going to do “jam sessions” but rather to improvise together. You will have also to be patient and to listen to the others because listening is a key of the improvisation.
There is no trainer or music teacher during the YE, however, to guaranty a good quality of the musical workshops, a facilitator (a musician) will join us.
English is the working language (however, for the participants who speak french, it will be possible for them to practice their french during informal conversation during the YE)
- young musicians and/or singers (from all levels and all instruments)
- interested in the topic
- available for the whole duration of the youth exchange
- able to work in English
- willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
PARTICIPATION FEE: NONE
SENDING FEE: 500 MKD