Project dates: 22nd – 27th of September 2019
Project place: Galway City, Ireland
Deadline for applying: 5th of August 2019
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Empowerment is the learning process in which a person becomes aware of their own strengths, abilities, passions and learning needs and is capable of choosing how and when to use these and/or develop them more. It is about developing self awareness and confidence, and from this being able to self-guide what you want to do and take responsibility for one’s own life.
Through youth work young people can build the capacity to focus on their own learning process so that they can identify their strengths and abilities that in turn empower them to act in a positive way in society. The core principle of youth work is hearing and facilitating the voice of the young person. It can provide an encouraging and safe space in which young people can become more self-aware of skills, and focus on the development of confidence, new skills and learn how to take responsibility. The youth worker / leader plays an important role in guiding and mentoring the young people in this process of learning.
This training course will use a variety of interactive non-formal learning methods and is focused on:
1. Exploring the important elements of empowerment as a learning process,
2. How youth work can provide a valuable space for these empowering learning processes, and
3. How youth workers and youth leaders can create and facilitate this process to maximise empowerment of young people.
We will be exploring how non-formal learning activities can be used to this end. Furthermore, we explore how the Erasmus+ Youth programme can be used to inspire and empower young people to actively participate in society.
- 18 or older
- Able to communicate in English
- Youth workers, youth leaders, project managers, volunteers
- Be active in an organization/ institution and be motivated to act as multipliers for the project
- Committed to actively participate in the training course from beginning to end
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 360 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
VISA COSTS ARE NOT COVERED!
PARTICIPATION FEE: NONE
SENDING FEE: 500 MKD