Project dates: 15.09.2019 – 15.03.2020 (6 months)
Project place: Arques, Pas-de-Calais, France
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
Introduction of the organization and of the offer’s context:
Community is an association (created under the French law of 1901) that works to maintain social links between inhabitants and to strengthen solidarity between generations. Impregnated with the popular education movement, our organization designs and implements fun and varied activities aimed at improving the well-being of our users and promoting the “living together” value.
Driven by strong human values, we are committed to welcome people of all ages, religions and social backgrounds. We particularly work for and with people in vulnerable situations, especially young people, for whom we develop adapted support approaches, in collaboration with local partners, in order to strengthen their power to act and enable them to (re)define a life and/or professional project. In this sense, Community is a living space, full of resources, in which a dynamic and competent team aims to support each individual at his/her own pace and according to his/her expectations.
From our desire to further strengthen the responses we can develop for the young people of our territory, we aim to create a kind of “hub” focused on cooperation and international mobility, obviously complementary and closely linked with the social dimension of our activity. Indeed, the young people who come to our structure and who, for many of them coming from rather modest families, are generally excluded from mobility schemes for several reasons: lack of information, but especially awareness of the benefits of an experience abroad, fear of departure, lack of support and follow-up… Since diversity is also sorely lacking in the territory of Audomarois, we believe that mobility is also an effective way in order to fight against the proliferation of some extremist ideologies.
For this reason, it is necessary to implement actions in that sense, in particular by raising awareness of interculturality from an early age, to open up young people to other horizons and develop their talent! To this end, international cooperation projects can also be a lever for them to undertake solidarity and innovative actions and to prove themselves as actors in a more just and sustainable society!
In addition, a voluntary mission is offered to foreign students within our association, with the aim of contributing to the development of the “international cooperation and mobility” hub, in particular through the actions mentioned below.
Volunteer’s main missions:
- The volunteer will support the team in the development of the “international cooperation and mobility” hub.
- The volunteer will support the project manager in seeking new partnerships to develop international cooperation projects.
- The volunteer will be able to propose ideas for action and contribute to the writing of grant applications.
- The volunteer will also be required to design and implement awareness/information activities for young people (schools, neighbourhoods, etc.) in terms of interculturality and mobility (enabling young people to understand and experience different cultural codes through recreational activities, communicating on the benefits of mobility and on existing measures, etc.).
- The volunteer will have the opportunity to participate in events and contribute to the production of various communication materials, for graphic and/or translation aspects.
- The volunteer will also have the time and opportunity to be supported in carrying out his/her own initiatives.
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Good knowledge of French
- Interest in the associative environment, interaction with the public (especially young people) and intercultural exchanges
- Values of solidarity and non-discrimination
- Ability in intercultural facilitation and project management
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com stating in the subject “Application for Project management assistant in Association Community”.