Project dates: 11th – 17th of November 2019
Project place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Application deadline: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project “Volunteering from A to Z” aims to improve and enhance the quality of the implementation of volunteer projects with a focus on ESC and thus ensure that the activities of these projects are achieved more effectively for both the main actors (volunteer, host organization, supporting organization, mentor, supervisor) as well as for the other affected – target group, local volunteers, local community, etc. We want to achieve clarity, understanding and successful implementation of all steps in delivering high quality, meaningful and balanced service-learning volunteer projects by partner organizations as well as provide space and opportunity for networking and collaboration in which organizations can help and support themselves during the realization of their current and future volunteer projects.
The project has duration of 14 months (from 1st August 2019 till 30th September 2020) and two project activities will be organized – Volunteers Management training (November 2019) and Volunteering Projects Management seminar (April, 2020). The programs of the two activities are organized in building up thematic modules to provide new information, enhance knowledge and develop the skills of participants, and enable participants to share in a safe and creative environment. The programs also include visits of guest lecturers who are experts in the field and will further contribute to the learning and development process.
The specific objectives of the Volunteer Management training course are as follows:
– raising awareness on the philosophy of volunteering and the opportunity for quality volunteer management
– providing principal information on volunteer projects, basic documents defining rights, responsibilities and roles of the main stakeholders involved
– deepening knowledge of the volunteer management and implementation cycle and the main tasks during each of the 8 stages
– sharing practical and useful advices from experience in volunteer management
– developing practical volunteer management skills, including competencies for communication, support, conflict transformation, intercultural communication and learning, motivation, focusing on online volunteer and knowledge management tools
– sharing good and not so good volunteer management practices and stories, in order to learn ideas for improvement and development of future volunteering projects
– share good practices and emphasize the importance of learning, its tracking, evaluation, recognition and linking it to future better employment of young people in the labour market
– establishing a support and sharing group of organizations to assist with management volunteers in future volunteer projects
– increasing understanding of Erasmus +: Youth and European Solidarity Corps programs and the volunteering opportunities they offer.
- project managers, coordinators, supervisors and support staff of volunteering projects (short and long term projects)
- Age 18+
- Willing to learn, develop and share
- Willing to practice and multiply learning after the training course
- Able to understand and express themselves in English
- Are committed to attend for the full duration of the event
- Are committed to do a follow-up/dissemination activity to be implemented in their country after the training course
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 euros according to the rules and conditions of Erasmus+ programme.
Participation fee: NONE
Sending fee: 500 MKD