Project dates: 23rd – 29th of April 2020
Project place: Emen, Veliko Tarnovo region, Bulgaria
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project “Volunteering from A to Z” aims at improving and enhancing the quality of the implementation of volunteer projects with a focus on ESC and thus ensuring the activities of these projects are achieved more effectively for both the main actors (volunteer, host organization, supporting organization, mentor, supervisor) as well as for the other affected – target group, local volunteers, local community, etc. We want to achieve clarity, understanding and successful implementation of all steps in delivering high quality, meaningful and balanced service-learning volunteer projects by partner organizations as well as provide space and opportunity for networking and collaboration in which organizations can help and support themselves during the realization of their current and future volunteer projects.
The project has duration of 14 months (from 1st August 2019 till 30th September 2020) and two project activities will be organized – Volunteers Management training (happened in November 2019) and Volunteering Projects Management seminar (April, 2020). The programs of the two activities are organized in building up thematic modules to provide new information, enhance knowledge and develop the skills of participants, and enable participants to share in a safe and creative environment. The programs also include visits of guest lecturers who are experts in the field and will further contribute to the learning and development process.
The specific objectives of the Volunteering Project Management seminar are as follows:
– raising awareness on the philosophy of volunteering and the opportunity to realize quality and successful volunteer projects
– providing principal information on volunteer projects, basic documents defining rights, responsibilities and roles of the main stakeholders involved
– deepening knowledge of the overall process of managing volunteering projects, and acquiring the skills to effectively structure activities throughout the project cycle – needs assessment, preparation, application, implementation, evaluation, follow-up activities, dissemination of results
– encouraging the use of non-formal learning methods and creativity in the implementation of volunteering projects
– sharing practical and useful advice from experience in volunteering projects
– developing practical skills for managing and implementing quality volunteering projects in view of the risks and changing realities and the challenges we face
– sharing good and not-so-good volunteering projects practices and stories aimed at improving the quality of future volunteering projects
– creating a supportive and shared group of organizations for the purpose of future collaboration and assistance in the volunteering projects management
– increasing understanding of Erasmus +: Youth and European Solidarity Corps programs and the volunteering opportunities they offer.
- project managers, coordinators, supervisors and support staff of volunteering projects (short and longterm projects)
- Age 18+
- Willing to share knowledge, ideas, useful tips#
- Willing to practise and multiply learning after the seminar
- Able to understand and express themselves in English
- Are committed to attend for the full duration of the event
- Are committed to do a follow-up/dissemination activity to be implemented in their country after the seminar
- Willing to share their experience with CID
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 EUR according to Erasmus+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices and calculating all costs.