Project dates: POSTPONED
Project place: Luxembourg City
Deadline for applying : POSTPONED
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Aim of this project is to increase the impact youth work and youth work practitioners have on young people by providing them with the tools which will support their personal wellbeing and self-care, while increasing professional achievements through better awareness of their own and needs of their colleagues and target group.With an aim to address this challenge, group of youth workers with particular set of skills in self-development, psychotherapy, meditation and mindfulness have gathered together to develop a programme which will address this issue and support youth workers themselves in how to process high demands educational programmes have in regards to emotional and psychological support of the participants, especially among those coming from vulnerable groups and how to self-regulate stressful elements of their work, in order to provide and create more attentive, empathetic and emotionally supportive learning environment for their beneficiaries, as well for themselves and their colleagues.
Objectives this training course are as follow:
• to introduce participants to the concepts, importance and benefits of mindfulness
• to introduce participants to a range of mindfulness tools and allow them to understand them through experiential learning
• to develop set of competences which would help them support each other throughout the educational process and prevent burnout, increase motivation to work with young people
• to provide participants with space to explore different aspects of human body (physical, emotional and mental level) in order to better understand who they are and what triggers them and how to regulate themselves as a way of prevention from burnout
• to raise awareness of connections between mind, body and emotions and develop an understand on how shifting perspective in either of them can support youth workers to better understand and empathize with their target group
- Age over 18
- youth workers, trainers, educators, project managers, young people
active in youth work in their organizations
- able to understand and express themselves in English;
- motivated in the topic;
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR according to Erasmus+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices and calculating all costs.