Project dates: 30 October- 11 November 2020
Project place: Online
Deadline for applying: 17.10.2020
ABOUT THE PROJECT
With the “Peace in Practice” project, we are ready to share our expertise with you, and support you in becoming a change maker for a more peaceful world! As in every SCI training, you will also meet nice people and be able to enjoy an international group of around 30 passionate volunteers and activists! We believe that the TC will increase your self-confidence, make your work more efficient, and help you have a greater impact on your surrounding community and reality!
The project aims at inspiring you to be and act as a multiplier/messenger of peace, and create a chain of follow-up actions for promoting and living peace on local, national and international level. It consists of several steps, including:
1. International online training course (30.10-11.11.2020);
2. Creation of a poster with “Peace every day” mind map – 100 ways to live peace in everyday life, which will be available in numerous languages;
3. Local actions for peace organised by the training participants (November 2020 – March 2021).
Our first step – the “Peace in Practice” Training Course will allow you to:
- deepen your knowledge and understanding of the concept of peace and its different levels
(intrapersonal, interpersonal, with nature),
- learn how to live peace and act for peace through small-scale actions that can be done even without
- get equipped with various peace-related tools and methods you can later use in your work and
- be offered space for safe exchange of good practices, of inspiration, of sharing resources and ideas,
plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
- youth workers with a strong interest in the topic of peace and its appliance in their work with young people,
- trainers and facilitators working with various target groups such as migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, (young) people with fewer opportunities, minorities, etc.,
- educators on the topic of peace and peace building,
- activists, enthusiasts, volunteers willing to learn more about peace and apply it in their actions.
- motivated in the topic;
- able to understand and express themselves in English;