Project place: Nuremberg, Germany
Project dates: 12.-19. September 2021
Deadline for applying: 01.08.2021
About the project
Currently, many of the travel distances are covered by airplane. This contributes massively to the climate crisis and to increasing social inequality. Project M.O.V.E. (Mobility of Volunteering? Eco-friendly!) makes mobility a peace issue and considers the acute need to raise awareness and to promote critical reflection of current mobility choices in international volunteer projects and peace activities. We invite peace and climate activists, active volunteers, camp coordinators, seminar facilitators and other youth workers or multipliers to learn about the links between (global) mobility, climate justice and international peace work. Promote sustainable means of transportation and implement local actions by creating a toolkit on sustainable mobility.
- Understand the link between (global) mobility, climate justice and international peace work
- Empower and train active volunteers, camp coordinators and seminar facilitators to advocate for sustainable means of transportation and implement local actions with their sending organisation
- Enhance networking capabilities, create and share tools and ideas for local activism and campaigning
- Initiate structural change regarding mobility within SCI and partners
- to enhance the knowledge, skills and competences of youth workers on the main topics,
- to equip them with tools to make their activities ecologically and socially more
- to create ideas and follow-up plans for innovative climate-friendly projects
- ideally be an active member and be involved in the process and decision structures of their sending organisation;
- have experience in international peace work;
- allow time and ideas for both the training and the implementation phase;
- ideally be willing to attend also (not mandatory, but recommended) and participate actively in the production of the outputs;
- be committed to abstain from flying and travel to the events via overland route instead;
- bring ideas for workshops;
- have sufficient English language skills (spoken and written);
- be committed to spreading their new skills and competences to their sending branches/organisation, e.g. via a workshop or a camp coordinator training.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD