Project place: Thessaloniki, Greece
Project dates: 20-27/11/2021
Deadline for applying: 15.10.2021
About the project
In the scope of the project Disconnection – take your power back, YEU International is organizing its 39th Convention. The main idea of the project is twofold – to support youth workers/trainers/facilitators/organizers of international and local youth work activities in maintaining and improving overall wellbeing (self-care, prevention of burn-out and nurturing positive thinking attitude) and, at the same time, equip them with a wide range of attractive, interactive, dynamic mindful methods which are suitable for working with young people to empower them to love themselves as they are and care for themselves and each other . These tools can be used regardless of the topic and would be flexible to implement in various youth work related projects and initiatives.
- To introduce and explore the principles of mental health and wellbeing (including energy, focus, resilience, self-awareness) among youth workers from different contexts (geographical, cultural etc.) and incorporate them in their local and international youth work practices
- To improve youth workers’ skills and knowledge to be more efficient, adaptable and responsive to issues when working with young people in situations of disadvantage as well as personal lives
- To adapt the youth work related tools, approaches, methods based on different experiences, contexts and practices
- The participants should be aged between 18 and 30 years old, preferably
- The participant should be involved in the youth sector and, ideally, work on organizing activities with and for young people on regular basis
- Willing to actively participate and contribute to the development/adaptation of tools and testing them in their local communities after the event
- Participate throughout the whole duration of the event and organize a follow up event in their local community
YEU is covering up to 70% of travel costs (within travel costs limits set by YEU International for each country) visa costs, accommodation, food and COVID19 tests if legally required.
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.