Project place: Sonthofen, Germany
Project dates: 16th to 23rd April 2022
Deadline for applying: 30.01.2022
About the project
Games in educational work got institutionalized without considerably reflecting their use, their advantages, and their challenges. On the one hand, games can be very helpful and useful in the seminar context. On the other hand, they can be criticized regarding the reproduction of stereotypes or as violating the personal space of participants. To debate the role of games in volunteering activities, SCI Germany organizes this project aimed at trainers, youth
workers, group coordinators and volunteers. The training will provide a basis for deeper discussion and reflection on problems and advantages of games with a critical perspective on power relations.
- Critically reflect on games used in non-formal education through sensibilisation for different forms of discrimination as well as safer spaces to create more inclusive youth and volunteering projects
- Raise awareness and understanding of intersectional perspectives (global justice, gender, class, race, inclusion, climate justice) when facilitating and organizing youth projects by developing and sharing inclusive, diverse and power-critical games
- Understand the role of peace and human rights in games in educational work
- Improve the quality of NFE instruments that can be used in future events, projects, trainings, seminars and general meetings
- Provide youth workers with tools and methods for power-critical, inclusive and peaceful games in educational work
- Create a manual for games in educational work, that includes underlying concepts, shared experiences with safe spaces in games and guidelines for peaceful playing
- Create more and stronger alliances and solidarity in the peace and volunteering movement
- Age 18+;
- be vaccinated against COVID 19 or recovered (obligation);
- ideally be an active member and be involved in the process and decision structures of their sending organization;
- have some experience in international group works as participant or better as trainer/facilitator or group coordinator;
- be interested in learning more about the use of games in groups and to discuss this critically;
- be committed to spreading their new skills and competences to their sending branches, e.g. via a workshop or a camp coordinator training;
- have sufficient English language skills (spoken and written);
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered according to Erasmus+ distance calculator.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD