Project place: Madrid (Spain)
Project dates: 22-28 May 2022
Deadline for applying: 27.02.2022
About the project
With this project, we want to address the problem and enable facilitators to deal with toxic masculinity in their projects. With varying interactive methods, we will reflect on our own gendered socialization, discuss the topic and our experiences within the group and deepen our knowledge about toxic masculinity, sexism, gender and patriarchy. Based on this, we will develop strategies to deal with toxic masculinity in our projects and share these through a toolkit that we’ll write together at the seminar. We will also discuss ways how to encourage and shape alternative masculinities during projects.
- Providing young workers with basic training in masculinity studies so that we all understand the context and background to the behaviors of young men;
- Normalize basic activities for gender-safe spaces, also in projects where gender is not the main issue. E.g. asking for the pronoun for everyone or creating awareness for gender equality on seminars, for example concerning talking times, distribution of care work;
- Raise awareness of how toxic masculinity behaviors can be observed among young people and during youth work;
- Develop strategies on how to deal with conflicts around toxic masculinity and create methods for interventions;
- Reflect on own socialization and how their gender roles influence their behavior today;
- Build foundations to support young people in developing positive views and understanding of masculinities;
- Exchange with other people and learning each other’s experiences: good and bad practices;
- be vaccinated against COVID – 19 or recovered
- be 18 years old or older
- be able to work in English
- be interested in the seminar topics and have a strong motivation to act as a multiplier
- Able to attend for the full duration of the seminar
- be committed to spreading their new skills and competences to their sending branches, e.g. via a workshop or a camp coordinator training
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered according to Erasmus+ distance calculator.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD