Project place: Slovenia
Project dates: 2nd – 8th of April, 2022
Deadline for applying: 24.02.2022
About the project
Mental health is just as important as physical health and it should be treated as such. We still feel ashamed and worried about the consequences of speaking about our mental issues. With this training, we aim to give a new perspective on mental states, supported by recent neuroscientific discoveries, presented in an easily understandable way, through various non-formal activities, games and methods. Participants’ views on the world will be challenged if not fundamentally changed. There will be plenty of opportunities to discuss perspectives on relevant topics. It is valuable to develop good critical thinking but also the ability to recognize the value in another’s point of view, instead of being threatened by it.
- Raise general mental health awareness among young people and improve their ability to cope with problems,
- Increase the ability of critical thinking and self-awareness among young people
- Empower participants by providing them concrete tools and methods to be more capable of assisting the youth, facing personal struggles and train them to become more competent youth workers
- Raise the level of awareness of the participants about themselves, the environment and about the importance of reflections
- Bring together organizations from some partner and program countries and establish a foundation for potential long-term partnership and cooperation.
- already work with young people in one way or another or are interested to become youth workers, trainers or active volunteers;
- are 18 years old or above;
- have a good enough understanding of English to be able to follow and participate actively;
- are interested in the topic and have a desire to learn more about mental health and themselves;
- are willing to fully participate throughout the whole training which consists of 5 working days;
- will, in their country group, organize at least one local or online activity after the training, with the assistance of their sending organization;
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered according to Erasmus+ distance calculator.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD