Project place: Sremski Karlovci, Serbia
Project dates: 15th until 21st of May+ 2 travel days
Deadline for applying: URGENT
About the project
Youth workers will acquire set of media literacy skills and competences:
- Critical thinking – one of the most important competencies for approaching young generations since it enables changes of perspectives, deconstruct biases and openness for constant changes in media, as well in the social environments.
- Verification of sources of information will enable youth workers for better navigation in the information space, which will help them for better determination of priorities for youth work in the field of active citizenship.
- Capacity for deconstruction of visual manipulations and understanding the main concepts of visual literacy – this skill will enable youth workers to transfer the idea of visual literacy among different fields of youth work (arts, culture, activism) and raise the awareness of less visible influences that visual component has on creation of attitudes and decisions.
- Recognizing manipulative and fake news patterns – set of practical skills which will enable youth workers to have a clear understanding of media reliability which could be the first step in critical rethinking of content regulation of social media.
- Creative and proactive use of digital media are skills transferable to every field of youth work, whether in the field of creation of advocacy campaigns, awareness raising campaigns, greater visibility of actions, are just some of the options.
- +18 years old;
- be able to work in English;
- able to transfer the knowledge acquired in their organisations;
- be able to attend the whole duration of the Training course;
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered according to Erasmus+ distance calculator.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD