Project place: Lenzburg near Zürich, Switzerland
Project dates: 19-25 May 2022
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
✔ Do you prefer to be an action taker rather than an observer?
✔ Do you agree that we all deserve peaceful lives, with peaceful minds, non-violent interactions, and without the horrors of war and conflict?
✔ Have you ever wondered how we can make this dream come true, step by step?
✔ Would you be ready to become one of the brave young changemakers who make the world a better place?
✔ Are you ready to meet amazing people from over 14 countries, make new friendships and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
✔ Would you like to spend a week in a country where views like the one on the previous page are common? And all this at no cost, or just a small membership fee?
✔ Can you make it to Switzerland for the period 19-25 May 2022?
✔ Do you live in any of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, Jordan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland?
About the project
With the “Peace for Change, Change for Peace” project, we are ready to share our expertise with you, support you in becoming a change maker, and gain competences essential for building a peaceful and nonviolent world. The project will last through 2022 and aims at inspiring you to be and act as a multiplier and messenger of peace, and create a chain of follow-up actions for promoting and living peace on a local, national and international level. It consists of several steps:
- Preparation and publishing “My Peace Journal”, a personal diary providing space for reflection, encouraging thinking about peace and acting for peace.
- International training course “Peace with the Others” in May 2022 in Lenzburg, Switzerland.
- International training course “Inner Peace and Peace with Nature” in October 2022 in Winterthur, Switzerland.
- Local actions for peace organised by the training participants (June-December 2022).
About the course
As a first step, thanks to the financial support of Movetia Swiss National Agency, we are ready to invite 28 participants (2 per country) to join a one-week training course “Peace with the Others”, during which you will:
▪ deepen your knowledge and understanding of the concept of peace and its different levels (intrapersonal, interpersonal, with nature) with a focus on the interpersonal level – living in peace with the others,
▪ dive into peace education principle – to learn about and to learn for peace,
▪ learn how to live peace and act for peace through small-scale actions that can be done even without big resources,
▪ get equipped with various peace-related tools and methods you can later use in your work and everyday life,
▪ be offered space for the safe exchange of good practices, of inspiration, of sharing resources and ideas,
▪ plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
The project is intended for the following types of participants:
– activists, enthusiasts, volunteers willing to learn more about peace and peace education and apply it in their actions
– Youth workers with a strong interest in the topic of peace and its appliance in their work with young people
– Trainers, facilitators, educators on the topic of peace and peace building
– be able to communicate in English
– minimum of 18 years of age
– able to attend the whole course duration (there is no possibility to make exceptions)
– committed to organise a follow-up action for peace in your local community / country upon the course completion (these can be e.g. a workshop on peace, street action, online campaign, presentation, screening, peace caravan, discussion, work camp, etc.)
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR.