Project place: Boževce, Kosovo
Project dates: 14th-19th May, 2022
Deadline for applying: URGENT!
About the project
The project No ESCape from reflection (Erasmus + KA1) deals with improving the quality of support for international volunteers and mentors in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps program, especially when it comes to learning and reflection. Partners are: VUK (Velebitska Udruga Kuterevo, Croatia), GAIA Kosovo, Volunteers’ Centre of Vojvodina (Serbia), PVN (Albania), Center for Intercultural Dialogue (Northern Macedonia), Nešto Više (Bosnia and Herzegovina). The general objective of this project is the improvement of the support mechanisms, and thus of the quality, of Volunteering projects in the frame of the European Solidarity Corps programme in the Western Balkans. Moreover, we wish to equip organizations with competencies and tools to ensure a deeper, comprehensive and empowering reflection based on critical thinking for volunteers and their mentors; as well as explore the potential of learning and reflection in ESC Volunteering projects in the field of environmental education and protection and the environmental and social impact of their projects at the personal, organizations,community, regional and European levels. Finally, with this project, we will also develop handy and youth-friendly tools for ESC volunteers and their mentors in order to support and record their learning process (with a focus on environmental ESC projects).
About Training course
This training course aims at improving the quality of Volunteering ESC projects in the partner organizations, with a focus on the elements of learning, support to learning and solidarity. Participants are 16 volunteers’ mentors from the partner orgs. Namely, current and future mentors will be better prepared for their tasks of support and reflection on learning for the volunteers and to create informal and non-formal opportunities for intercultural meeting, socialization, skills development, self-awareness and context-awareness of the ESC volunteers. Participants will also enhance their overall knowledge and understanding of international Long Term Volunteering and the many ways to practice solidarity (within and beside ESC projects) at the inner, local, regional, European levels We would like that this training is inspiring, empowering and productive, so bring your great ideas, knowledge and experience and critical, but constructive approach.
- Aged 18+
- Able to communicate and work in English language
- Available to participate from the first to the last day (May 14th-19th)
- Willing to do an antigenic test against Covid-19 before departure
- Already involved as mentors OR realistically planning to be, in cooperation with their sending organizations
- Willing to experience 6 intense days in a rural environment, with few commodities (compost toilets, common sleeping rooms, no wi-fi) with the opportunity to learn a lot about community life, observe Permaculture practices, and much more
- Ready to cooperate, engage actively in the activities and workshops, to share one’s experience and knowledge
- Residents in Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Albania
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered according to Erasmus+ distance calculator.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 210 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD