Project place: Veliko Tarnovo, BULGARIA
Project dates: 7-14 July 2022
Deadline for applying: 25.05.2022
✔ Are you interested in non-formal education?
✔ Are you willing to develop your facilitation skills?
✔ Do you want to learn more about how to provide high-quality non-formal activities (workshops, webinars, workcamps, training courses…)?
✔ Are you motivated to explore more about online facilitation and digital tools?
✔ Are you committed to organising more inclusive educational events?
✔ Are you a resident of Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Germany, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Serbia or Slovenia?
✔ Are you ready to meet amazing people from 9 countries, make new friendships, and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
✔ Would you like to enjoy nature staying a week in a peaceful green environment and also having the possibility to explore the picturesque Veliko Tarnovo town?
✔ And all this without any cost?
ABOUT TRAINING COURSE
With the “Learning Lab(oratory) – quality non-formal education in the digital world” project, we aim to improve the quality of the non-formal and informal learning aspects of volunteering activities in our organisations, in both physical and online formats.
The project has 5 main components:
- Learning Lab(oratory) Training Course (7-14 July 2022, Emen, Bulgaria)
Key aspects of the training: organising and running high-quality learning activities in both in-person and online environments, digital laboratory: gaining confidence in using various online tools, working on plans how to offer inclusive volunteering opportunities and reach new groups who could then strengthen your organisation as volunteers.
- Three thematic webinars (May-October 2022)
Three online webinars with guest experts on topics related to visual facilitation, impact measurement, and inclusion of persons with fewer opportunities.
- Learning Lab(oratory) Pro Training Course (27 October – 3 November 2022, Poznań, Poland)
Key aspects of the training: reflecting on the learning experience, collecting good examples/practices, getting more in-depth on the topics of inclusion and blended and digital learning, new tools and trends in learning and development (e.g. Action Learning, gamification…), future steps (how to apply the knowledge and skills in practice), personal development of the trainers/educators (how to take care of ourselves and plan our learning path and growth), Open Space lab.
- Practice time (July – December 2022)
Practising the learning moments in national teams, organising and running activities on a local level.
- Facilitator’s Cards, Infographic for Inclusion and an Open Webinar (December 2022)
The Facilitator’s cards will be a checklist on how to organise a high-quality learning process. Our Infographic on Inclusion will guide users on how to make non-formal learning activities more inclusive. The Open Webinar will be an online event officially launching the tools and presenting their utility.
AT THE TRAINING COURSE, YOU WILL:
- understand better what a quality non-formal learning is, what its elements are and how to provide such learning experiences to all young people,
- learn innovative methods for enhancing the learning processes directed towards young people,
- explore tools for supporting digital learning and online volunteering,
- find creative and engaging ways for turning regular educational activities into an online format,
- discuss how to provide more inclusive and versatile learning opportunities for young people, including such with fewer opportunities,
- exchange ideas, good practices, inspirations, and share resources,
- plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
Our ideal course participants are educators and trainers (also to-be trainers), leaders, volunteers, and youth workers with an interest in non-formal education, online learning and its applications in their work with young people. The most important for us is your motivation and willingness to provide high quality non-formal education activities in online and in-person settings.
There are a few formal requirements you need to satisfy to join the training course:
- You must be able to communicate in English (the working language of the course).
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You need to attend the whole course duration (there is no possibility to make exceptions).
- You commit yourself to organise a follow-up action in your local community/country upon the course completion (it can be e.g. a workshop, workcamp, training or other educational activity).
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the hosting organization.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180 EUR.
Participation fee: NONE!
Sending fee: 500 MKD