About the project
The project “Youth – agents of change”, financed by the European Union, is implemented by the Center for Intercultural Dialogue in partnership with the Scout Association of Macedonia and NOVUS – Strumica. This project addresses youth initiatives, activism and volunteering as one of the key prerequisites for improving democracy and participation of the local government as well as strengthening and comprehensive direct involvement of citizens in democratic processes at the local level. The project aims to increase youth activism through volunteering with the goal to ensure comprehensive social inclusion and development of local communities. Final beneficiaries of the project are high school students, students, youth activists, young people, women, young people with disabilities, youth initiatives, local youth councils and local members of the communities of the municipalities of Centar, Kumanovo and Strumica as primary target, and 7 more secondary targeted municipalities in North Macedonia.
Specific objectives of the project:
- To strengthen the informal networks of young activists and volunteers, for their field capacities to local authorities and citizens, as well as in their monitoring and advocacy capacities.
- To build a sustainable educational system in high schools to strengthen and encourage young people and youth activism for their field capacity towards local governments and citizens, as well as in their monitoring capacities and representation.
The project activities aim at achieving four main results:
- Established mechanism for cooperation of young activists and volunteers with the municipalities “friends of the volunteers” in the process of bringing about positive changes
- Developed competencies and skills of teachers in high schools through establishing programs for youth activism at the local level through non-formal education
- Young people with acquired skills to act on local institutions directly and through the local youth councils
- Raised awareness of the importance of youth initiatives, activism and volunteerism on a local level
The project started implementation in March 2022 and is expected to be completed in August 2024.
About the Academy for volunteerism and activism
The Academy for Volunteerism and Activism is a training camp intended for high school students who, in the duration of 7 days, will acquire skills for acting at the local level, cooperation with local institutions and participation in the work of local youth councils.
The academy will serve to network young people from the same regions in the representation processes before the municipalities for the promotion of digital literacy, intercultural learning, professional education, critical thinking, understanding of inclusion and diversity and promoting values of solidarity, equal opportunities and human rights in between the young people.
During the academy, young people will have the opportunity to discuss how, when and with what help they can make a change at the local level. They will learn from real examples and projects of experienced activists from North Macedonia and the region. The academy will be implemented outdoors, through a methodology that involves education in nature, working in accordance with the scouting principles and values, which contributes to motivating the individuals to reach their full potential. The camp will include 100 participants from 10 municipalities and will last from August 15 to 22.
The program part will be composed of different educational packages made up of a large number of sessions involving volunteerism, activism, youth participation of local/national/regional level, youth legislation, youth actors, youth programs, association and project work. Participants will be able to create their educational path independently according to their interests and goals. The program facilitated by activists who will convey their experience and knowledge in an attractive and interactive way, promises a unique educational experience.
The participants of the academy will have the opportunity in the coming period to get involved in local informal networks of “agents of change” and together with their peers to be real bearers of positive changes through organizing and implementing micro and small projects financed by the European Union.
Objectives of the call
The purpose of this call is to invite interested individuals in the field of activism, volunteerism and youth policies to organize an educational and attractive program for young people based on the concept developed by the team of partners.
The number of trainers required is 2 (two). Interested candidates can apply individually or in pairs.
The trainers’ engagement includes:
– Preparation of a plan for activities according to the goals of the academy.
– Preparatory meetings in the period from 01.08 – 14.08.2022
– Implementation of the educational program in the period from August 15-22, 2022
– Preparation of a report on the work done by September 31, 2022 at the latest
Accommodation and food
The accommodation of the trainers is in the apartments of the Scout Center Ohrid. Meals are in a central kitchen and include 3 meals a day, snacks and refreshments.
Compensation for work engagement
A one-time compensation of 720 euros gross in Denar equivalent is foreseen for each of the trainers. The funds will be paid to the trainers no later than 7 days from the day of sending the report and completing the results.
Profile of the trainers
The trainers are active young people with at least 5 years of experience in the field of youth activism, volunteerism and youth policies. The trainers have proven experience in the youth sector, organizing youth events, activities, local initiatives and projects at the local and/or national level.
Registration of interested candidates is by sending:
– CV from the trainer with specified experience in the requested area
– Reference list of projects worked on in the last 5 years with specified goals and results
The deadline for submitting the requested documents is 29.07.2022 to email@example.com
The organizer reserves the right during the selection of candidates to request additional documentation to prove the experience presented.
If you have questions about the academy or the application process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Download full call in Macedonian